|eighteen|

At one point in the night, Namjoon had appeared. He had taken a cab there, and climbed into Jin's car with coffee and blankets. "What even are we doing?" Namjoon asked as he hugged his distressed looking boyfriend. Jin laid his ear to Namjoon's chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

"Yoongi's upset, and stubborn." Jin breathed in the musky scent of Namjoon's cologne, his senses calming immediately.

"That describes 99% of our problems," Namjoon joked, but Jin shook his head.

"No, baby. Something happened, and he wants Jimin, but Jimin won't let him in, and he's being a total stalker psycho and refusing to leave until Jimin opens up."

Namjoon put Jin's cup of coffee in his lover's hands, and lifted it up until Jin sighed and took a sip. "Coffee helps a little bit. There's nothing we can except wait. Hoseok's at our house, and I told him to look after the place until we get home. We need to be here for our friend now. He's hurting. He's not used to facing heartache with a sober mind. Let him work it out for himself."

Jin sniffed, stuffing his face into Namjoon's shirt again. "You're right, baby. God, I love you..."

"I love you more, Jinnie..." Namjoon stroked his boyfriend's brunette hair.

"Why is he the worst when he's at his happiest? It's like...it's like he doesn't know how to be happy. Like he's afraid to be happy. Like it'll all end and he'll wake up from a dream."

Namjoon had no answer to that. He just continued to kiss Jin's head.

-

Jimin's mom and stepdad weren't expected home for the night, since they had a function out of town. Jimin had originally planned on inviting Yoongi over for the night, so that they could celebrate a bit on their own. Jimin had wanted to experiment a bit with Yoongi, and had spent the entire previous night laying awake in bed while he played it all out in his head: Yoongi would look surprised when Jimin started rocking his hips over Yoongi's, Yoongi would smile mischievously when Jimin started kissing down his chest, and finally Yoongi would praise Jimin and lead him through the motions.

Instead, Jimin was sitting alone in his room, knowing full-well that Yoongi was sitting outside his bedroom window, refusing to enter. He kept texting Jimin, but Jimin refused to look. He needed to collect his thoughts, and he needed to be alone for a bit.

But Yoongi is a stubborn motherfucker.

Around 11 pm, Jimin was wide-awake (as he usually was) and struggling to focus on his maths homework. He kept thinking about how cold it was, and how cold Yoongi must be. Jimin had cooled down a bit, but he was still hurting.

He heard Yoongi humming outside, probably busy writing lyrics or poems on his phone. Jimin laid his head down on his hand, listening to Yoongi's rough voice, thinking about how soothing his singing was at times.

He was probably cold, and maybe something really bad had happened that caused Yoongi to need Jimin. Maybe there was some justice for what had happened. Jimin felt like he was overreacting a bit. He took a deep breath, pushing himself away from his desk before walking over to the window. He pulled the curtains back a bit, to reveal Yoongi sitting on the ground while on his phone. Jimin bit his lip and opened the window.

Yoongi didn't move from his spot as Jimin climbed out. He barely acknowledged Jimin's presence when the boy took a spot next to Yoongi. Jimin just laid his head on Yoongi's shoulder and allowed his eyes to trail over to Yoongi's phone's screen to read the lyrics.

Untitled

Would you hold me tight
Straight through the night?
Help me fight my tears?
Let me conquer my fears?

I've been struggling recently to be a decent being
My own reflection can't even look me in the eye

Even when I hurt
I would continue to smile for you
Even if the world starts attacking us
I would shield you

You're the only thing
That makes sense to me
Now, I don't know why
I would ever leave you.

"Hyung, that's beautiful..." Jimin said softly, and Yoongi nodded. Not saying anything. "I overreacted, and I'm sorry. I just don't trust Jihoon and when I heard what he said...It was the first time I felt jealous. I thought the worse."

"You don't trust me, do you?" Yoongi's ice cold voice caused Jimin's intestines to turn into knots.

"What? No! Hyung, I do!" Jimin retorted, turning Yoongi's face to his. "I trust you, I don't trust Jihoon. What if he had slipped something into your drink or something?" Jimin's mouth pulled down as tears threatened to spill over, and he didn't want to use his tears to emotionally manipulate Yoongi. No, no he needed to be strong for Yoongi. "Yoongi, I'm so scared of losing you. I'm so scared of someone better coming along and taking you away from me. Jihoon is something I'll never be-"

"Exactly! He's a cunt! And you, you're my little Jiminie. My mochi. The reason I'm becoming a better person, the reason I'm striving to bring out the best in me. Fuck, you see something in me that I don't even see in myself. How is that? How come he brings out the worst in me, and you bring out the best in me? What do I need to do to make you realise that what we have is special. Not a lot of people ever find someone who completes them this much. I've never felt so comfortable around someone else before in my life! Now what the fuck do I need to do to make you realise that I...I..."

Jimin pressed his lips to Yoongi's to shut him up.