|forty one|

If he tastes like a rainfall,
Looks like a summer storm,
Fights for you like a forest fire,
He's a tornado of trouble
And you hold unto him
And never let him go.

Yoongi was quiet.

That usually doesn't scare Jimin. He's used to his boyfriend being quiet. Jimin's slept over enough times at Yoongi now to know that when he's thinking deeply, he gets quiet and appreciates not being interrupted. Jimin does respect that, and would usually just cuddle up with him and busy himself, or would go take a nap and then he'd wake up to find Yoongi's arms around him. However, Yoongi does have different modes of quiet. Jimin's never seen his pissed-off quiet before. He's seen his angry quiet, but this is a different quiet. He had this cold look in his eyes, this narrow in his eyebrows, this glare that caused Jimin's skin to turn clammy and cold. Jimin would never be afraid of his boyfriend, but at that moment, he was afraid of the person his boyfriend was glaring at.

Jimin's stepfather.

“So, your father invited you to him in Seoul,” his mother spoke softly, smiling tightly, as if trying to forget about the tense atmosphere. She reached forward to pour herself some more tea, but Yoongi beat her to it and got up to refill everyone's cup. Jimin noticed the stiffness in Yoongi's movements and scratched the back of his neck nervously. “How will you get there, Jimin?”

Yoongi sat back down and proudly took Jimin's hands, their fingers intertwining, and spoke up for the first time since greeting them. “I have money saved up. We're taking my friend's truck and we're driving up there. We're also going to check out the university there. They invited Jimin back for an audition.” Yoongi smiled proudly, and Jimin's chest tightened in both fear and adoration. He'd actually received the e-mail a while ago, but only read it two nights ago on the night Jin and Namjoon visited, and he'd been practising an old routine with Hoseok, but he felt out of shape.

“Jimin, Seoul is far away. I know we kicked you out, which we regret deeply, and this meeting was meant to make up, but is this choice because of us...?” Yoongi wanted to hug Jimin's mother. She wasn't the mother Jimin spoke so fondly of from his childhood. She was a woman so wounded by past lovers that she didn't know who she is anymore. Jimin understood that, but it was his stepfather he couldn't handle. The man was quiet as well, frowning at the couple's joined hands.

“No, mother, it's because of my dreams, because of Yoongi's dreams. He wants to make music, so maybe he can make it somewhere. We don't know yet-”

“Fucking hell Jimin, you can't move to Seoul on a 'we don't know yet'. Are you really that stupid?” His stepfather sighed, narrowing his gaze at the pair. “Jimin, even if you get into that school, where will you live? Who will pay for your fees and shit? The school here in Busan offered you a scholarship to study accounting! And what, you want to go dance?” He spat the word out like it tasted foul, and Yoongi saw how much that wounded Jimin. Dancing was his life. Yoongi's seen Jimin dance, and it was like he was another person. He took his dancing very seriously.

“We talked to my father on Skype last night. He said...He said we'll make a plan,” and when Yoongi heard Jimin was on the verge of tears, he moved towards the edge of his seat, ready to jump to action as he kissed Jimin's fluffy hands. Yoongi looked at him, giving him a side-long gaze, and Jimin knew that Yoongi had decided to stop being quiet.

“Jimin, you can't trust your father. He left me for another woman...”

“And you never told me the whole story, mom. About how insane you were and how you banished him from my life. He's been trying, and you wouldn't let him. Mom, I'm eighteen, I'm going to meet my father.” Jimin stared intently, clutching Yoongi's hand so tightly, so lovingly, so desperately. “Yoongi, my boyfriend, is going with me.” As if on cue, Jimin's scarf slipped down to reveal the hickeys on his neck, freshly made by his boyfriend. His parents' eyes widened.