|forty two|

I'm holding unto white balloons
Up against a sky of doom
Tell me you see them
Because what's inside of me is invisible to most
Even in clear view

Jimin's eyes sparkled in wonder as they entered the grand theatre of the Seoul Academy of Preforming Arts. Luxurious red velvet coloured curtains pulled to the side of the dark wooden stage, intricate patterns on the hard wood that Jimin really wanted to run his fingers over. Soft, plush seats were stretching back like a raising wave. The stage floor was so smooth, and Jimin couldn't wait to run his feet over it, to feel it disappear as he danced and twirled and flew across the stage, his body becoming one with the music.

Jimin was behind the stage, watching as the school directors and professors walked in to sit by a table near the foot of the stage. His heart suddenly started hammering in his throat, the sparkle in his eyes dimming as the reality finally hit him. Yoongi was standing behind Jimin as he was bent over to peer around the stage, and when he noticed Jimin tensing, he bent over him, seeing the professionals walking in as well.

“Nervous, little one?” Yoongi asked, standing up straight, pulling Jimin up as well. Jimin sighed and nodded, turning around to bury his face into his lover's chest, breathing in his usual scent (now that the smell of cigarettes were gone, he could truly appreciate the strong and calming scent that clung to the skin of his boyfriend), feeling his heartrate slowing just a bit. Yoongi kept his arms around Jimin, his lips pressing against his boyfriend's now blond hair.

“I haven't danced in so, so long Yoongi...What if I mess up?” His doe brown eyes found obsidian coloured irises, the dark so calming and secure. Yoongi smoothed his large hand through Jimin's hair, the boy leaning into his touch, sighing gently.

“You won't. I've seen you dance, and I've never seen so much passion in one person's body. You feel the music, experience it, and become one with it. You can do it. If they don't choose you, then they're either blind or stupid. We don't have time for stupid people, do we?” Yoongi smiled that famous gummy smile when Jimin giggled, his eyes almost disappearing behind half-moon shaped crescents in the skin of his eyelids. His eyelashes fluttered as those golden giggles spilled from his mouth.

“No we don't...but Jungkook is an exception, right?” Jimin joked, and Yoongi laughed as well.

“That's my boy. Come on, let's go to the waiting room to get you all stretched out.” Yoongi took Jimin's hand and led him off the stage around back, through the pristine halls to the very dense and serious atmosphere of the waiting room. A dozen or so other dancers were already there, stretching out, listening to music, trying to calm themselves a bit. The waiting room was actually another dance studio, so there was a wall of mirrors that some dancers were using to have a last check at their moves. Jimin gulped. Some of those dancers were really, really good.

Yoongi pinched Jimin's thigh to get his attention, and when Jimin looked at him, he put both his hands on the mochi's cheeks, pressing his forehead against Jimin's. “Baby boy, don't look at them. Focus on yourself now, please. Come on.” He so badly wanted to kiss Jimin, but he knew that the close contact was already pushing it. He didn't want Jimin to have less of a chance to get into the school because of some homophobic people. Those plump lips looked so inviting (slightly swollen and red after Jimin kept nibbling on them due to being nervous), and when they would tremble a bit Yoongi knew that his own lips would be the only thing to promptly stop that tremble. Instead, he stepped back, taking a deep breath, helping Jimin take his coat off, folding it up unto a chair.

Jimin started stretching as Yoongi took his backpack off, checking what seemed to be a recording camera. Jimin smiled stupidly. “Really, Yoongs?”