|forty four|

It's a slow cinnamon summer
Your spell's pulling me under

When Yoongi woke up, he had no idea where he was. The last thing he remembers is walking in the snow, regretting not putting on another jacket, when all of a sudden, he heard a car honking, and then he just saw darkness.

Had he been in an accident?

He sat up, startled, feeling like the muscles in his throat were contracting. He was panicking. He looked around, and he realised he was in his bed back at home. He frowned. He remembered that he had been in Seoul last, after that fucked-up night with Jimin. Shit, Jimin! He needed to make up to Jimin, he needed to prove that he could be strong without Jimin. That's what Jimin would want.

Suddenly, Jimin walked in through the bedroom door, wearing Yoongi's favourite hoodie and his boxer shorts. Yoongi relaxed, his shoulders falling down. “Little one, come to hyung,” Yoongi breathed, holding his arms open. Jimin giggled and ran over, climbing unto Yoongi's lap, straddling him as he wrapped his arms around his shoulders. Yoongi ran his hands all over Jimin, his lips parted in amazement. God, he will never get over how gorgeous Jimin is. “What happened last night? Was it all a dream?”

Jimin's eyes widened and he giggled again. “What do you mean what happened last night? You know exactly what happened, hyung.” Jimin's smile fell slowly as Yoongi's eyes locked with his. It felt too cold. Too weird. Yoongi hadn't seen giggly Jimin in such a long time.

“Jimin...is this a dream?” Yoongi whispered, and Jimin nodded, ducking his face into Yoongi's neck, resting it there.

“Yes, hyung, this is a dream. You know exactly what happened...”

The snow. The car. The accident.

“I...I was in an accident...” Yoongi breathed. “I...I didn't die? Am I...in a coma? Oh my lord, Jimin, was this all a dream-”

Jimin sat back up and pressed both hands to Yoongi's mouth to quiet him, giggling, his eye smiling instantly calming Yoongi. “Shut up for once in your life, Min Yoongi. I am real. Everything that you remember about us, really happened. You just...dreamt about it, during your coma.”

Yoongi felt like he should panic, but Jimin was so warm, and his hands so soft as he ran it down Yoongi's neck and chest. “How long...how long has it been?” Yoongi's hands ran up the back of Jimin's hoodie, feeling his bare skin beneath his fingers, everything feeling so realistic.

“I'm not sure, hyung...”

“Will I ever wake up?”

“Your health is fine, but your mind isn't. You feel so afraid of facing everything you left behind, you're so afraid of facing the world without me... Your mind needed some time to heal, too, to get over the withdrawals.”

Their lips found each others, and their kiss felt so gentle. Millions of butterflies and moths flapped around inside Yoongi's chest cavity, and tiny explosions happened in the nerves of his finger tips as he traced every inch of Jimin's back and hips, touching him like it would be his last time.

“You need to...ah, hyung...” Jimin's eyes fell shut as Yoongi traced kisses up Jimin's long neck. “You need to promise me that whatever's going on out there, you'll be okay with. You'll cope. You'll never walk alone, and you need to remember that.”

Yoongi stopped kissing Jimin and looked into his eyes, finding galaxies exploding within his pupils. “I promise, Jimin. I need to see you, and to make it up to you.”

“Will you be okay? Are you ready?” Jimin whispered once again, his breath hot on Yoongi's lips.

“I'm ready...I just wish I could know where you are right now, out in the real world...”

Jimin gave Yoongi an Eskimo kiss, his eyes closed. "I'm in your heart, hyung."

"And that's all I need."

Jimin smiled, and stood up, sitting back on the bed, wrapping his yellow blanket around himself and smiling cutely. “Now go, hyung. I'm waiting for you, I can promise you that.”

Yoongi stood up, his feet feeling as light as feathers. He felt relieved, and brave. He felt ready to face whatever was waiting for him on the other side. For his entire life, he's always been afraid to face that which he can't change, or that which he can't control. Yoongi hated himself for so long, and his life had felt worthless. He lived day by day, breath by breath. Every step he took, just led him into a direction he knew would just lead to another dead end.

Then Jimin waltzed into his life, with his god-forsaken mochi cheeks and adorable eye smile. He was so innocent when Yoongi first met him, and he was in so much pain, but he hid it so well. He's always been a fighter. He's always been a hard-worker, a people-pleaser. Jimin wanted to impress his hyung at work, but that blossomed into such a flirtatious friendship, and Yoongi was sure that a relationship with Jimin would never happened.

But Jimin looked at Yoongi as if he was a hero. He made him feel like he could conquer the world, as long as he was by his side. He made Yoongi's soul feel light and pure, like that innocence was rubbing off on him. Yoongi became addicted to the high Jimin offered him. Yoongi became an addict to be someone else for a few hours, and that's exactly what Jimin made Yoongi feel like: a better version of himself.

When they kissed for the first time, everything made sense to Yoongi, everything came down to the small body between his arms at that moment. They came together, begun dating, and life was amazing for a while, even when facing Jihoon and Jimin's parents, everything made sense, because Jimin was the one constant variable in the equation of Min Yoongi's life.

Yoongi's happiness was dependant on Jimin. Everything Yoongi had become, was thanks to Jimin. Even though Jimin had become a little bit corrupted as well, he still never lost the light behind his eyes. He sacrificed so much for Yoongi, and Yoongi knew that nothing would ever be able to truly portray his gratitude for Park Jimin.

When Jimin's father told Yoongi that Jimin will be studying overseas, Yoongi's mind went blank. Between the time of him getting drunk and him getting high, the addict within him had properly taken over. He had not been himself, but he knew that that's still no excuse, but nonetheless that's how he felt.

Yoongi would never let Jimin sacrifice his dreams for him. Yoongi was so weak. Jimin was his strength. But he'd have to learn how to be strong without Jimin. Jimin would want that. Maybe in the near future, they could meet up and try again, or maybe they won't.

One thing Yoongi is certain about, however, is that they will never regret the time they spend together. It was the best few months of their lives. A love like theirs is so rare, and the memories they made they will forever cherish.

Yoongi opened the door, nothing but darkness awaiting on the other side. He turned to look at Jimin on the bed, but only found the yellow blanket. Yoongi, in a moment of impulse, ran to the bed and took that yellow blanket, wrapping it around his shoulders. It smelled like Jimin. Yoongi walked back over to the door, and stepped out.

He was ready to love Jimin fiercely.

In whatever way he could.

A/N

This story isn't over yet!

NO NOT TODAY!