|twelve|

There were monsters in the dark
And then, I found you
Now they're gone.

-

"Hey," Yoongi whispered, wrapping his arms around Jihoon from behind, hiding his face in the comforting muscle of his shoulder blade. He smelled the stench of weed and alcohol, and Yoongi smiled.

He loved that smell.

"Did you bring me something nice?" The mint-haired boy asked, sticking his fingers through the spaces between Jihoon's shirt's buttons, feeling the hardness of his body beneath his rough fingertips. Jihoon hasn't given Yoongi a fix in weeks, and that was the way Jihoon liked it. The more withdrawn Yoongi became, the more he craved Jihoon instead. The more they'd argue, the harder the sex was, the harder Yoongi cried when Jihoon left.

Yoongi was a shell of the man he used to be: a little boy, where he used to be a strong-willed alpha male. After using, he'd always feel like shit, because it was only after the initial high of using that he was able to think clearly. Then he realised: what the fuck am I doing with my life? However, the cravings for the next fix would always kick in not soon after, and he'd be reduced back to that pathetic mumbling mess who basically leeched unto Jihoon in every way.

"Baby, I brought you something even nicer tonight," Jihoon said as he turned to Yoongi. Yoongi stood back, tilting his head. Last time Jihoon said that, he had given Yoongi a pill to drink that caused Yoongi to almost barf his intestines out.

He had felt good before that, though.

"And that is?" Yoongi asked seriously, a sliver of his savage self shining through as he refused to look Jihoon in the face.

Jihoon held up a ziplock bag, and inside the bag were syringes and a bag of white powder.

"Tonight you're gonna experience your ultimate high, baby. This is something new I've been working on, and I was hoping you'd be the first person to try it out," Jihoon's eyes glistened in an evil way, and in that moment Yoongi thought about how much Jihoon looked like a demon. So handsome, so evil.

"Is that heroin?" Yoongi bit his chapped lip hard and hissed silently when he bit an old scab on his lip. Jihoon loved biting during sex. Jihoon held Yoongi by his chin, forcing his face up. Yoongi refused to look him in the eye.

"You're gonna use it, Yoongi. Don't wanna make me mad, right? Otherwise, no yum-yums," Jihoon grinned evilly, and Yoongi felt the shame he always suppressed peeking it's head out. Jihoon pressed his lips to Yoongi's, the taste of so many different middles intoxicating Yoongi on the spot. Jihoon bit Yoongi's lip, tugging at it before standing back.

"I'm not a fucking toy," Yoongi whispered, albeit weakly.

Jihoon grinned, loving it when Yoongi put up a fight. "Is that so? Let's see how long you think so."

Yoongi woke up with a scream; it felt like he hadn't gotten any sleep. His eyes were open, his body was working, but his mind seemed to be running at a thousand kilometres an hour. The world around him seemed quiet, and dead. Yes, his body was working, and it was aching. Every nerve, every muscle, every part of him was aching and itching and fucking burning. The pain in his heart, the pain of his past, the pain of the voices in his head, all plaguing him.

He turned unto his back, laying his arm across his forehead as he felt the itch and the burn grow. His breathing became erratic, his chest heaving up and down as the aveoli in his lungs caught fire, the flames licking at the bottom of his heart and his oesophagus. Every breath he took hurt, every time he blinked he felt as if his eyes were being torn apart.