Grown Up Talk

Doctor Fendise pov.

"So you're the parents to Link?" I ask just to double check that I'm talking to the right people. 

They nod "what do you need to talk to us about?" Miss Brigitte asks. 

"You said your son was eating a lot more than usual," she nods to my question. 

"The thing is he's lost weight, and I can't figure out how, as I didn't find evidence of bulimia, as in forced vomiting, excessive exercise, or abuse of any dietary drugs/ laxatives," I tell them showing them the chart.

"How?" Mr. Courage asks. 

I just face palm, "I told you I don't know, I asked a doctor on break, and they couldn't figure it out either, otherwise we wouldn't be here. Has your son been doing anything unusual for himself?" 

"Not that we're aware of, but he sneaks off a lot and has started to barricade himself in his room half the time." The father says crossing his arms in frustration. 

"That's most likely when the problems are coming up, try setting up a hidden camera in his room if you have too." I write down my final notes passing it to them.

Green pov.

I want to be alone. For once I don't ever want one of my counterparts with me. Heading into the park I go off path. Making sure to follow nature's more rugged path. Finding the most dense conifer tree. I carefully scale it, finding intense strain on my arms from the last couple of months activities. Laying down, I take a big breathe of air. Allowing my mind to empty I end up losing myself to the world of sleep.

Waking up in what I assume to be a dream I feel like there is nothing. From as far as my eyes can see there's nothing here with me. The floor a misty black and white checkered board. Using the pattern as a guide I walk forward. A hour in the dream passes and looking around I can see me progress. With nothing here but the floor, the only way I can even moving, is by the two colour design beneath my feet.

Giving up I sit down, crossing my legs. A faint cry fills the void, but nothing appears. Nothing moves, nor smell, taste, or feel. Only cry, cry out in misery. The sound gets closer, and with that more things I notice. It's a child's voice. Getting up, I can sense whatever it is, behind me. It's breathing leaving the faintest mark on my back. Until, I swallow turning around...