Training

Tony's P.O.V

I woke up in the infirmary that was off the side of the lab. I sat up confused. 

"I don't think it's best to get up just yet sir, you may still be concussed," Friday warned. 

"Concussed? What the hell happened?" I inquired, confused. 

"Miss Violet can explain that," Friday replied. 

"Where is she?" I was so confused, and the pain in my head wasn't helping. 

"In the lab." What was she doing there? Was she helping bruce?

I entered the lab and saw Violet with Bruce and Steve. Steve had her files up and Bruce was running tests on her. 

"What the hell are you doing?" I shouted. Bruce came over, trying to calm me down. 

"It's okay, we're just doing a couple of small blood tests." He explained. This only confused me more. Why did they need blood tests? Was Violet ill? Why did they need Violet's files? 

"Just as I expected," Steve muttered. I walked over to him. 

"What? What is?" It seemed strange that I was the one freaking out and Violet was calm and collected.

"John Freeman, known in the field as the Bald Eagle. Had heightened strength and other powers such as portals and empathic abilities." Steve read. Empathic abilities. What are they? 

"Empathic abilities are when you touch someone and you can feel their emotions. You feel what they are feeling." Violet said. "Thor told me about his friend who had them." 

"That's cool but how did you know I was thinking that?" I asked. Violet smiled. 

"Apparently I have telepathic abilities too."

I frowned. I still didn't really understand what was going on. Violet touched my hand. "You're confused." She said. "You still don't understand why I got the powers." I shot a glance at Violet. 

"Can you not." I hissed. It came out a bit more vicious than I expected.  She held up her hands. 

"Sorry, just speaking the truth." I stuck my tongue out at her. 

"Because her biological Dad had these powers, they were passed down through genetics to her," Bruce explained. I sighed. I could deal with my kid having powers, that was fine, heck I lived with loads of people with powers. I worked with them, it was fine.

"Why was he called the bald eagle, my Dad?" Violet asked. 

"Because he was bald and his last name was Freeman. Free man, America, America's animal is the bald eagle?" I looked at Steve. 

"It's true, I'm not lying! He thought it was funny." He held his hands up in defence. I could tell Steve was holding back laughter. I rolled my eyes. 

"You think it's funny don't you." I groaned. Steve nodded. 

"You're such an old man." Violet laughed. She turned to me. "Why haven't you put him in an elderly care home? He's 99 for god's sake!" She snickered. Bruce snorted. Steve was shooting all of us daggers. I high fived Violet. 

"Sorry by the way," Violet said. I frowned. 

"For what?" I inquired. 

"For everything. For stealing from you, for getting angry, for pushing you, sending you flying, and giving you a concussion. And the dent your head caused in my music room wall." She grinned before sprinting out. I glanced over at Bruce who was laughing.