Opening up

It's almost like Nat and Dad don't trust me anymore. I know they're just trying to look out for me but it feels kinda patronising. They've hidden everything that they label a danger to me or something that could be harmful and they've got me under surveillance from Friday and Rose. Even Karen has been told to be extra aware of me.

They're treating me like a child. 

Bruce treated any injuries I already had so that they didn't get infected. I had to have stitches and bandages but everyone else was told I got them when I was out fighting crime and such. Apparently, it was 'in their best interest' that they didn't know what I'd been doing. I could see why but I still kinda wanted them to know. They were my family and they deserved to know if I was struggling. 

I was sat in my music room with my guitar in my lap when there was a knock at the door. I sighed and put it down next to me. 

"I was just about to play a bop this better be important," I warned to whoever was there.

"I know why you have those bandages."

I turned around to face Loki. 

"How?" I questioned. No one apart from Dad, Nat and Bruce had been told, how did Loki suddenly know? Had someone told him? 

"I know you a lot better than you think Violet. And when you've had years of lying and hiding things yourself, you tend to pick up on it when others do it." I sighed and stood up. 

"I'd been clean for nearly a year and I just went and ruined it. I feel like such a failure." I sobbed into Loki's chest. He was taken aback but wrapped his arms around me. 

"It wasn't your fault."

"I know, it just really feels like it was and I don't think that's going to change.  I feel like I've let everyone down even though they don't even know that I've ever done it in my life. And they're bound to find out at some point anyway, it's not like I can keep hiding my scars." I explained. 

"You'd be surprised how long you can hide them for. And how easily too. I do have an advantage though." Loki told me. He rolled up his sleeves and lifted his magic, revealing raised healed scars.  I looked up at him, sympathy in my eyes. He averted his eyes to avoid eye contact and redid his magic.

"Do you want me to do it for you?" He asked me. I nodded. 

"Yes please." He did the same magic on me and my scars were covered. I smiled and hugged him. 

"Thanks."

"Anytime."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

Clint's P.O.V

I was sat on the sofa stroking Pal when Violet grabbed my arm. I turned to her and she nodded her head towards the hallway. I sighed, standing up and following her. 

"What's up?" I questioned. She took a deep breath. 

"I recently relapsed after almost a year of being clean from self-harming and I wanted to tell you." She told me. It took me a moment to process what she said but once I did I tried to be as supportive as possible. 

"Okay. Thank you for telling me. Just remember that I love you and you can always talk to me." She smiled at me. 

"Thanks." 

"If I may ask, why did you relapse?" Violet sighed. She rocked on her feet for a moment before answering. 

"Lots of little things. But what really got to me was online hate. I know it sounds pathetic but it just felt like I went from one type of abuse to another." She explained. I put my hand on her shoulder. 

"It's not pathetic. But know that they're just cowards hiding behind a screen." I told her. She kicked the floor.

"Yeah, that's what Dad said." 

"Who else knows?" I asked her. I would feel kind of awkward if I was the first one she told. 

"Apart from you, just Nat, Loki and Dad. And Bruce had to know to treat my injuries." I nodded. 

"But I want to tell the others. I just don't know how." She admitted. 

"Okay. Maybe write it down? Or honestly just speak from your heart. They all love you and support you no matter what. Just tell them exactly what's on your mind, just like you just did with me." I told her. I was trying to be reassuring but I'm not exactly the best giver of advice in the world. Violet sighed and smiled. 

"Thanks, Clint." I smiled back. 

"You're welcome kiddo."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

We were all gathered in the living room and Violet was standing in front of us, Korey layed and her side. She took a deep breath. I smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up. She smiled back. 

"So. I um gathered you all here to tell you something that I feel you should know. I don't particularly know how to say this, some of you already know anyway." Tony, Loki, Bruce, Nat and I all gave her knowing looks. 

"When I was out living on the streets I did some crazy stupid things. One of these things was self-inflicted. Once I found this loving family I stopped this thing and I am grateful for that and grateful for you. Recently though some things happened and I relapsed after nearly a year of being clean. I felt like a failure but you guys have taught that no matter what has happened to you and no matter your past there is always a bright future for you if you stay strong and choose the right decisions. I am currently getting help for my struggles and I am getting better, I promise. But for now, I thought it best for you to know what's going on for me behind the scenes. I will be showing my scars and not hiding them so so you can get used to that, here they are." Violet nodded to Loki and his magic lifted revealing her scars. 

She sat back down and we all swamped her in hugs and love. We were showing we cared for and appreciated her in our own little way. And I think she knew that.