Told you so

It was Saturday and Scott had brought over Luis to meet us all. Luis, of course, was freaking out and fangirling. I laughed at him, rolling my eyes. He was being such a dork. He finally got to me and looked confused. 

"Who are you?" He asked. I smirked. 

"I'll show you. Don't worry, you'll be fine." I winked at Luis. He tensed up.

"Think of a number," I told him. He narrowed his eyes at me but did as he was told. 

"Really?" I questioned. 

"What?" Luis was confused, I could tell and he was freaking out slightly. He thought I was crazy. 

"God, you are so immature. Scott, your friend is an actual child." I laughed. Scott smiled. Luis looked around at everyone hopefully.

"69. That was the number you were thinking of." I announced to Luis. He gasped, his eyes widening. 

"Woah, that's so cool. Are you like a magician or something?" He asked. I laughed. 

"No, that's Stephen." I joked. Stephen glared at me. I smiled at him, innocently but cheekily. I put out my hand for Luis to shake. He took it. 

"Violet Stark. Telepath. Empath. Portal maker. Ass kicker."

Dad stood in between me and Luis. 

"She's my kid. She has telepathy, empathic abilities, super strength,  a service dog and the ability to make portals." He explained. I hit him and groaned. 

"You're so embarrassing." He shrugged.

"What we're both trying to say is, I'm pretty cool," I told Luis. He nodded. 

"How old are you?" He asked me. 

"15," I answered immediately. 

"You're so young, you're just a baby!" He cooed in a patronising voice. 

"Hey! Peter's only 16!" I pouted. He smiled, hitting me playfully. 

"I'm just teasing you kid."

"Mr Stark, there is an incoming call from Clint Barton," Friday announced to the room. 

"Put him on speakerphone," Dad replied.

Clint: Tony, you might want to turn on the news.
Tony: When would I ever want to do that?
C: Just do it.
T: When is this ever a good thing?
C: It isn't, that's why you need to look at it.
Dad sighed, groaning.
T: Fiiiine.
C: Thank you.

Dad turned on the TV, flicking onto the news. A stuck up old man read out the main story of the day. 

"A young girl was spotted at the mall with the Avengers yesterday. The girl got in a row with a security guard over a service dog and the Avengers seemed to back her up and support her. The girl was not identified but is believed to be the daughter of genius billionaire playboy philanthropist, Tony Stark." The man announced.

"Friday turn off the TV," Dad growled. He ran his hands through his brunette hair, the stress visible in his face. He paced up and down the room, mumbling to himself. 

"I told you going to the mall was a bad idea." I groaned. 

"Why is this bad?" Luis asked. I sighed, massaging my temples and running my hand down my face, stopping to pinch the bridge of my nose.

"HYDRA. That's why."

Luis looked at me, confused. He looked at Scott. 

"Hydra is an organisation that held Violet captive for a year and we have reason to believe that they are hunting her down again and if news gets out that she's Tony's kid she'll be easy to find," Scott explained to his friend.

I took a deep breath. I was freaking out. Korey, who was on the other side of the room, sensed this and came over. He layed down, his head on my leg. He made sure he was in reach of Dad as well as he could sense his uneasiness. Dad and I both petted him, trying to calm ourselves down.

"They know where you are. They know you're here. You were with the Avengers, you must be living at the Avengers facility or at least visit here a lot." Dad said, stressing out. Rhodey put his hand on Dad 's shoulder. Dad flinched. Rhodey frowned. 

"Deep breaths Tony, it'll be okay." He said, softly and calmly.

"She could stay in Wakanda," Bucky spoke up. Dad's head shot over to him. 

"That's where I stayed for a while. I'm sure King T'Challa wouldn't mind, Shuri is a year older than Violet's as well, so she'd have someone to talk to." He explained.

Dad sat in silence for a while. I looked over at him. He was thinking over all the pros and cons of me going to Wakanda. Finally, he decided that the pros outweighed the cons. 

"Okay. Violet can go to Wakanda." Dad announced. Bucky nodded. 

"I'll call T'Challa."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

"I don't know what I'll do without everyone. Especially you, Dad." I admitted. I placed another shirt in my suitcase. Dad frowned at me. 

"I know kid, but it's for the best. And you'll have Korey and Shuri, you can even talk to Rose if you want to. You can call me anytime." He said. I smiled sadly.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too squirt."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

I arrived in Wakanda and was greeted by T'Challa, Ramonda and Shuri. There was a lot of emotional goodbyes but I wasn't gone forever, just until we thought the threat of Hydra was gone. T'Challa smiled at me. 

"Welcome to Wakanda." He said in his thick accent. 

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here." I thanked him, I really appreciated his act of kindness. 

"Wakanda welcomes people in need, it is nothing."

"Alright, everyone is happy, can we just go now? I need to show Violet my lab." Shuri hurried us. T'Challa smiled. 

"You are so impatient, sister." She rolled her eyes. 

"Come with me." She whispered to me. She walked off and I followed her. She stuck up her middle finger at T'Challa. 

"Shuri, how many times do I have to tell you?" Ramonda scolded. Shuri immediately dropped her hand to her side. 

"Sorry mother."

We entered Shuri's lab and my eyes widened. I looked around. 

"This place is amazing, it's so much bigger than Dad and Bruce's." I gushed. 

"Yeah, and your dog is getting his filthy paws all over my floor." Shuri sassed. I blushed, embarrassed. 

"I'm sorry, he's clean I promise." I apologised.

"Don't worry, I've got just the thing," Shuri told me, grinning. She handed me 4 small shoes. "They never get dirty, they file down claws and they absorb sound." She explained. I smiled, thanking her and putting the shoes on Korey.

"Your dog is adorable by the way, can I pet him?" Shuri asked. I nodded. 

"Yeah. He's technically not working I just have his vest on because there was no room for me to pack it." I informed her. She smiled, petting Korey. 

"I can make you a new vest if you want. Like one that you can fit in your pocket and then just put on him and it will grow full size." Shuri offered. 

"That would be awesome! Thanks so much!"

I had a feeling that I was going to like it here.

Woow another short chapter that's really bad. I'm so great.