High tensions

We sat in the meeting room, discussing our recent mission. Something had happened in that HYDRA base, something big, and we still weren't sure what it was. I mean, it had to be someone or something big, something dangerous. And honestly, that thought scared me. I knew what HYDRA could do, they'd torn apart my life. But, to be fair, they'd also improved in a few ways too. They helped me find my family, and I loved my family. 

"So we're thinking like, super soldier, powers something like that. Maybe one of their experiments gone wrong, turned against them?" Sam questioned. Steve and Dad nodded. 

"Okay, so what next? Try to hunt it down, but we've got no leads, or do we just leave it for HYDRA to deal with." Nat asked. Everyone shrugged. As she said, we had no leads and it wasn't like we knew what we were looking for. 

"I don't care, just as long as we find and slowly and painfully kill whoever ordered that attack on us and got her killed." I pushed, angry. We'd been on this for over an hour now and all I wanted was revenge.  

"Violet, I know you're upset. We will find them eventually but right now we're focused on this okay?" Steve tried to almost reassure me. But it didn't work. My brain was rushing with thoughts and images of her lifeless face. It was all my fault and I knew it. I was the one who took her down to the fight. I was the one who got her killed. I should have just made a portal and got her to safety straight away. But I didn't. 

My girlfriend was dead and it was all because of me. 

I slammed the table. Korey's head shot up. He tried to calm me down but I didn't care. I needed revenge. It was all I was focused on. 

"No. I'm sick of this. We've been on this for ages and we've gotten nowhere. Let's just leave it to HYDRA to deal with, they're the only people who know what it is we're supposedly hunting!" 

"Violet," 

"Save it." I stormed out of the room and Korey followed after me. 

I threw myself on my bed, screaming into my pillow. Soon those screams turned into sobs as my whole body shook with the weight of my guilt and grief. I punched my bed. I knew it was my fault. Dad knew it was my fault. She knew it was my fault. Korey jumped onto my bed, pushed himself under me and lifting me. I turned so I was sitting up. Korey sat on my lap and preformed DPT as I stroked him, trying to control my breathing. I sighed. 

"Should we go in the calm room boy? I feel like sitting on a bean bag and staring at a lava lamp." I got up and walked towards the calm room.

I plopped down onto a bean bag and Korey layed down next to me, his head rested on my legs. I took some deep breaths as I watched the lava lamp flow. Maybe I had overreacted a bit back there but they just kept blabbing on about this big threat and were paying no attention to what I wanted, what I needed and I didn't feel like apologising. 

I knew I probably would be asked to apologise, but honestly, it would just be fake and forced. I shouldn't apologise for my grief. Besides, all of them had lost people at some point. Dad lost his parents, Steve lost Peggy, Wanda lost Pietro, Peter lost his parents and his uncle, Bucky basically lost his whole life to HYDRA, they would understand. 

And they knew I was fragile, surely they wouldn't push me or get upset. But now I was starting to feel bad about snapping at Steve. I groaned. 

"Come on then Korey, I guess I should apologise." Korey lifted his head to look at me. I smiled. "Yeah, me, apologise. I know." 

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

Steve's P.O.V

I was starting to feel sorry for Violet. I mean, of course, I did before, I know what it's like to lose someone, but I felt bad that she wasn't getting the revenge she wanted, and I felt bad that we had almost directed our attention elsewhere, I could understand how that would annoy her. 

There was a knock at my door and Violet walked in. 

"Hey." She looked at the ground, kicking it. I smiled at her, trying to reassure her that this was a safe space.  

"I, I just came to say sorry for snapping at you. You know, I've been under a lot of stress lately and I'm really not in the best headspace." She explained. I nodded. 

"It's okay. I can understand why you're upset if, at all you need to talk to anyone, I'm here for you. You don't need to apologise for your feelings okay? We all love you and are here for you."

She nodded. "Thanks, Steve." I patted next to me. Violet came and sat down, resting her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her and rubbed her arm. 

"Love you."

"Love you too."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

Violet's P.O.V

I was really getting into my drums lately, it was a safe and fun way to release my anger. I was banging out to misery business when Rose announced we had a mission. I jumped up and rushed to get changed. I gave Korey a scratch on the head. "Sorry boy, but I'm gonna have to love you and leave you." 

I ran to the helipad where we were all meeting. "What's the goss?" I asked. 

"We think we've found another HYDRA base so we thought you'd like to help check it out," Dad explained. I nodded. 

It wasn't all of us going, we were leaving some people at home to look after Pal and Korey, after all, we didn't know how long we'd be gone. So it was me, Nat, Dad, Steve, Wanda and Scott. Not being rude to Scott, I love him, but we only keep calling him because he's good for scouting out the area. He could shrink down so he wouldn't be caught. 

We jumped on the hellicarrier and started to hype ourselves up. I was trying not to get my hopes up because we weren't sure if we would get any info but I was still gonna beat some HYDRA ass.

We arrived and waited in the hellicarrier as we sent Scott down to scope the area. I started to stretch and prepare myself for some fighting. 

"Guys, we've got a repeat of last time. Looks like a rushed exit. Something attacked." I punched the wall and threw the gun next to me. Unluckily for me, the safety catch wasn't on. It fired and bounced off the wall, hitting Wanda in the arm. I gasped, throwing my hands to my mouth. 

"I'm so sorry Wanda, I- didn't mean to."

"Wait, hang on here's one guy here but he's injured." Came Scott's voice again. 

"Bring him in for interrogation."