Young and sweet, only seventeen

It was 3 days until Alicia and Peter's first anniversary, so they decided to exchange presents so everyone could see their lovey-doveyness. As it was only a week since my birthday, we invited everyone for a late birthday party so that the party wasn't just for Peter and Alicia. I was secretly sulking about that decision because it meant that all the attention wouldn't be on me for my party, but I'd already had my actual birthday with the main gifts from my family in the compound.

Since Wade and Logan had moved in, we weren't exactly having a typical party. Of course, Alicia was coming, and Clint, I'd invited the Guardians as well, but I don't exactly think you can count that as a 'party'. Yes, there would be food and gifts, but only 8 more people were coming than already lived there, and when there are over 15 people in your house, 8 really doesn't feel like much. 

It'd been a while since we'd seen the guardians. We'd met up once or twice since I first met them, and we kept in touch, but it was still a long time. I missed them. 

I'd say I was probably closest with Mantis and Groot. Nat was close to Gamora, and Peter and Peter could bond over old films. But what my brother Peter thinks is 'old' is like, Shrek or something. His idea of old is the equivalent of what Peter Q thinks of as being fairly new. But Peter P was showing Peter Q a lot of new films. It was quite funny. 

I guess another reason that it wasn't really a 'party' was that the main activities were sitting around talking, arguing about whether footloose is a good film (it's not) and taking turns in stroking Korey. It was a lot more exciting than it sounds. In fact, I much prefer chatting and joking around than the traditional standing around and 'dancing' of parties. And obviously the alcohol. I hate that part the most. 

Thor, Groot and I were all talking to each other in 'Groot language'. Rocket was the only other person who could understand what we were saying, but when the others were begging to know what we were saying, he kept his mouth shut. We weren't talking about anything secret or interesting, in fact, we were just talking about the great British bake-off, but seeing them so desperate to know what we were saying was funny.

Korey's P.O.V 

A/N Yes I know, this is weird. But not as weird as that one episode of Supernatural from Baby's P.O.V

When Violet was still properly mourning and just kept 'visiting' that guy that killed Deya, she never let me go with her. I was very worried about her, but I love her and I trusted that she knew what she was doing. I have to do what best for her, so I can't force her to take me with her anywhere. 

But when she would let me be with her, and she had an outburst, it was scary. I would try my best to calm her, but I knew I had to let her go through it. It was hard. Watching the person you love the most, the person whom it's your literal job to protect and care for, struggle so much is never going to be a piece of cake. It's exactly the opposite, it's a slab of concrete that you break your teeth on. 

She scared me a lot during that time, but I had to stay strong for her, I couldn't let my facade break down. I think she did secretly feel bad that she was leaving me behind, but she didn't want me to see her in that fragile and vulnerable state. Because that's what she was, vulnerable. She wasn't evil or bad or anything like that, she was vulnerable and mourning and that horrible man took advantage of her. 

Now she was calmer, happier, safe, she gave me all the cuddles she could to try and make up for the time that I effectively lost with her. I just want what's best for her at all times, whatever that involves. She's my whole world. 

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~
Violet's P.O.V

We were playing just dance and I was absolutely smashing everyone. Loki was in second doing the famous 'just sit there and wiggle the remote', Peter was third and Dad was last.  We were playing it so that the person who won sat out the next round and someone else took their place. Some people were grumpy though and didn't want to play. *cough* Stephen *cough*. So it was me, Peter, Dad, Wade, Loki, Thor, Nat, Bucky, Sam and Wanda. Sam and Bucky were getting really competitive when they were playing against each other, so we had to make sure they were separated. 

The song we were dancing to was Never gonna give you up and I was getting a bit too into it. I was screaming out the lyrics and putting my whole body into the movements. I threw out my arm and whacked Peter in the face, sending him crashing to the ground. 

"Shit! I'm so sorry Pete, are you okay?" I rushed over to him, crouching down by his side and Korey followed, licking his face. Pete just looked me in the eyes and burst out laughing. 

"You should see your face you were so scared." He wheezed. I sighed, hitting him playfully. 

"I hate you."

"I love you too sis." 

I smiled, lifting him back up to his feet. 

"But seriously you were so into it and then just whack! And in the background, it's just 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down'." Peter blabbed on.

"Shut up." I laughed.

I was as happy as I could ever be. And nothing would change that.

~~~~~~
~~~~~~

So there we go! That's the end of Violet's story. I've really enjoyed making this and I am so grateful for all the love and support. I started this for fun and I never expected it to get this big. Thank you so much.

Charlie x