Wade's not dangerous

Violet's P.O.V

"She was supposed to love me." I mumbled. Then I let out a sob. 

"Oh, Violet," Bucky whispered. He wrapped his arms around me and I broke down crying on his shoulder. He rubbed soothing circles on my back as I cried.
"Shh, it's okay. Let it all out." He cooed. We stayed like that for a good 2 minutes before Bucky pulled away and put his hands on my shoulders. I sniffed and wiped away the tears.

"Listen, those are just nightmares okay? She's gone now, she can't hurt you. Besides, not a word she said about you was true. You are a beautiful, smart young lady and you extremely loved. You have a loving dad, and his boyfriend loves you, you have 9 loving uncles, 2 loving aunts and a loving big brother." Bucky explained. This made me smile slightly.

"What I'm trying to say is, you just need to try and ignore these nightmares. I know it's hard, trust me, but you can do it. You're intelligent and amazing okay, you're Tony Stark's daughter for god's sake!" I laughed at the last bit and it made Bucky smile to see me happy.

"Thanks, Bucky."

"Anytime kiddo, anytime."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

"You know you can't just keep sneaking in here. This is a high-security base."

"Yeah but it's fun. Plus, I like seeing you."

I turned to Wade and the mess of smashed glass all around him. 

"And it's not like I sneak in." He said, pointing at the glass. I sighed. 

"We should really get bulletproof glass in here," I mumbled to myself.

Wade sat down next to me. He wrapped his arm around me and ruffled my hair. 

"What's up kiddo?" I pushed him away from me. 

"Nothing. I'm fine." I grumbled. He took his arm away. 

"You're lying." He pushed.

"I'm fine," I said firmly, standing my ground. Wade sighed. 

"You're thinking about her again, aren't you?" I looked down at the ground. Wade sighed again. I looked back at him. 

"You can tell. You can always tell."

"You need to forget about her. She was a bitch, you and I both know that. Kill her off in your mind kid." Wade told me. "Hack her up with a mental machete." He joked, nudging me with his shoulder. I smiled slightly. "Is that a smile I see?" I smiled more. "Yeah! I made you smile!" He cheered. I laughed.

"But seriously Violet, you need to stop thinking about her. It's the past and you can't change it. I'm not saying that you can always help it, but if you ever notice that your mind has wandered off to her, think about something else okay?" I nodded.

"I love you kiddo."

"I love you too."

Then the door opened and Dad walked in. 

"Hey, squirt. Are you okay? Friday informed that someone had broken the window in here and I didn't hear any shouting or banging so I didn't rush." He explained. His eyes wandered over to Wade. "Oh. Wade's here. That explains it." Wade waved. 

"Hi, Tony." Dad gave him a small smile but you could tell it was forced.

"I'll just go then shall I." He said, pointing to the door. I shook my head and put out my hands. 

"No, no wait. Wade was just leaving." Wade gave me a look but I just gave him one back that said 'trust me'. 

"Oh, okay," Dad said. 

"I'll call you later." I mouthed to Wade and got up. Korey's head perked up and he followed me out.

As we walked down the hallway Dad turned to me. 

"So, what was Wade doing here?" He asked. I shrugged. 

"You know stuff. He just wanted to see me." Dad hummed doubtfully. 

"He's not dangerous you know, sometimes he just wants to talk to me." I snapped.
Dad backed off slightly but he still seemed suspicious. 

"What were you talking about then?" He questioned. I groaned and stormed off.

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

¬He's way out of line Nat!¬ I hissed. Natasha frowned. 

¬I can see where he's coming from, Violet. Wade is known to be a murderer. He's just looking out for you.¬ She explained. I was talking to Nat about how Dad seemed to interrogate me every time Wade came round. It was like he didn't trust me.

¬I don't care. He seems to think Wade wants to hurt me and he can't see that he just wants to talk to me. I would trust Wade with my life! He fucking saved it back when I was on the streets!¬ I was getting annoyed because Nat seemed to be taking Tony's side.

"He's just trying to look out for you милая," Nat said and she walked off. I groaned and went to punch the wall but instead of hitting plaster I found that my fist met a punching bag. I pulled my fist away. 

"Stephen go away," I warned. Stephen put his hand on my shoulder. I flinched away. Korey nudged my leg. I gave him a small stroke before turning to Stephen.

"I don't want to hear your input thank you, Stephen. And I don't want to hear what my Dad has to say either." I told him. He sighed. 

"At least go to the gym, I don't want you breaking through any walls. Or any of your bones." He said softly. I huffed and headed off to the gym.

When I arrived, Steve was already there too. I sighed. 

"Looks like I don't get that downtime after all." I murmured to myself. Steve looked over to me. 

"I can go if you want." I shook my head. 

"No, it's fine." I put in my headphones, pressed play on my phone and began to punch.

I closed my eyes and focused on channelling all my anger into what I was doing. I punched hard and grunted. The punching bag flew back and slammed into the wall. I groaned and went to go pick it up. 

"Don't worry," Steve said. 

"It happens to the best of us." I gave him a small smile before placing the punching bag back on its hook.

"Tough day huh?" He asked. 

"What was your first clue?" I replied snarkily. Steve held up his hands in defence. 

"Sorry. Just trying to take an interest. I'll shut up." I sighed. 

"No, it's okay. I just had an argument with Dad. He keeps getting all up in my business about Wade. He thinks he's gonna hurt me or something." I explained.

"I know how you feel. He was the same with Bucky at first. Except he thought he was going to hurt other people, not me."