Deya

Tonight there was a big party that all the Avengers were invited to. I, technically being an Avenger, was going along as well. Also because Dad didn't want to leave me alone. Clint and Peter were also coming as they were Avengers too.

I sat on the side of my bed, my hands together and resting on my forehead. There was going to be a lot of people at the party and I was nervous. What if they asked questions? What if they were rude? What if I had a PTSD episode? What if they attacked Korey? Thoughts and questions rushed through my head.

I sighed, I needed to get changed. It was a fancy party, casual (people would be getting drunk), but fancy. I needed to dress more formal. I walked over to my wardrobe. I had a very large array of items in my wardrobe. It varied anywhere from onesies to ball gowns.

I scanned through multiple items of clothing before I settled on a mid-length black sequin dress. I put in on before going downstairs to let Wanda do my hair. She put it up into a nice bun with a small plait. She placed a small flower in it before spraying it with hair spray. Finally, she applied some mascara on my lashes and a small amount of lip gloss to give my lips shine.

When it was time to leave we all clambered into the limo. Even though it was all people who knew our true identities, Vision was in his human form. I shuffled about in my seat, playing with my hands. I was nervous, there was no hiding it.

We arrived and I took a deep breath. I clipped Korey's lead onto his collar before getting out his disc that was his vest and tapping it twice so it could cover him. As we entered the main room where the party was being held my ears were filled with the noise of chatter, laughter and glasses clinking.

We were greeted by none other than Phil Coulson. He turned to me and furrowed his eyebrows. 

"I don't mean to sound rude, but who are you?" He questioned. I just froze. I looked at Dad for help. 

"She's Violet, she's my other kid," Dad said for me. Phil nodded, smiling. He held out his hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you, Violet, I'm Phil Coulson." He introduced himself. I smiled, shaking his hand and nodding curtly.

We walked more into the heart of the party and Dad took me to the side. 

"What was that all about?" He asked. I shrugged. 

*I don't know. I guess when I'm in really big crowds and/or meeting a lot of new people I revert back to my old ways. My old ways meaning not speaking.* I explained to Dad in ASL. He frowned, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"There's nothing to worry about, you'll be okay." He assured me. I smiled sadly. 

*Yeah, I guess. I'm still not talking though.* Dad hugged me. 

"I know and that's okay. You do whatever you need to do to feel comfortable."

Dad walked away to talk to someone and I was left on my own. I sighed, I wasn't particularly very fond of parties. I spotted Clint sitting alone at the bar and headed over to him. I tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention and waved. He smiled at me and waved back.

*How are you?* He signed to me. I wondered why be was signing but then I noticed his hearing aids layed in front of him and decided that since people would have to sign to him, he thought it would be easier if he signed too. 

*Okay. I'm not talking though. Not that you know or particularly care because you can't hear me.* I signed back. He laughed slightly at my comment but then turned slightly more serious, sad even.

*I do care, I care about you a lot. Don't you ever think that I don't, okay?* He wasn't speaking but if he was his tone of voice would have been firm but also soft and caring at the same time. With sign language, you can only tell people's intentions and feelings in their eyes and facial expressions. Clint's eyes were filled with love and care.