Attack

"Scorpia's just so soft and adorable you know? Like it's so cute to see how head over heels she is for Catra and how obviously in love she is. But also it's kinda sad to see her slowly realise that Catra loves her work more than her and I just- ahh. She's such a soft bean. But also 10/10 unit, could crush me."

I stopped stroking my girlfriend's hair for just a moment to look down at her and smile to myself. She's such a dork. I turned my attention back to the screen and continued to stroke her hair. Her head was layed on my chest and her legs intertwined with mine.

In that moment, all I felt was love.

My door opened, interrupting my thoughts. Nat walked in. 

"Get your suit on, we're under attack." She informed me. I nodded, rushing to get my suit.  

"Good lot of help you were Rose," I mumbled under my breath. Nat ran back down to the fight as I chucked on my suit. 

"Deya, follow me and you should be safe," I told her. She followed as I walked downstairs carefully. 

We walked into the fight and I judged the situation. About 10 or so HYDRA men. Back for me maybe? I wasn't quite sure. I  was trying to help Deya to the door when she was hit with a blast and knocked backwards. I rushed over to her. 

"Baby I'm going to get you somewhere safe okay? Don't move." I put her through a portal and turned back to the fight. I let out a small battle cry and ran towards a HYDRA guy, aggressively knocking his weapon on the floor and repeatedly punching him until he was bleeding all over. One final punch knocked his last breath out of him. I stood back and looked at my work, panting and struggling for breath. I couldn't help but feel bad. I'd just killed a man. I sighed. I was doing it because I had to. For my safety, for my family's safety. 

The fight was over just as quickly as it began. There was only a fairly small amount of men and a lot of us so it wasn't exactly hard. I felt like that was just to distract us or there was more to come. It couldn't have just been that, HYDRA knew how many of us there are, they wouldn't just send 10 men. But that didn't matter right now. All that mattered was whether or not Deya was okay. I quickly opened a portal, not caring about closing it. I saw Nat look over to me, she must have seen what happened. 

I ran over to my girlfriends battered and bruised body. She was struggling to breathe and I was starting to regret leaving her alone. Choking back a sob I bent down to her level, taking her hand in mine.

"No, no no, please. Please, Deya you have to stick with me."

She looked up at me and smiled slightly, giving my hand a slight squeeze. 

"It's okay."

I shook my head, letting a stray tear roll down my cheek. Deya struggled, lifting her hand to wipe it away.

"No. No please not now." I kissed her hand.

"It'll be okay. I promise."

I felt her grip loosen and her hand slipped from mine. I screamed, letting the raw emotion fill my body. I shook with sobs and I screamed till my throat was sore.

"FUCK YOU!"

I punched the brick wall again and again until my knuckles were bleeding.

"Violet, please calm down." Came the voice of my AI. I kicked the ground and ripping off my watch, stamped on it. I fell to the ground.

"Please... No."

I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders.

"Violet..."  I shrugged the hands away. "Violet, we need to go back okay?" Nat pushed.

"No. I just-It can't be true." I whispered.

"I know sweetie, but it is." She hugged me, and I gripped on tight like my life depended on it. She helped me up from the ground and we headed back through the portal. Everyone was standing there looking sorry for me. 

"Violet-" Dad began. I just ran to my room crying. I flopped on the bed and Korey rested his head on me. 

"She's gone Korey, she's really gone. THEY TOOK HER FROM ME!" I hit the bed. Korey looked up and snuggled further into me.

Now I had only one thing on my mind.

Revenge.