Hbd,P

I woke up, my eyes adjusting to the light pouring through the windows. For a moment I forgot where I was. I sat up, flinging my legs over the side of the bed and standing up. Korey yawned and got up as well. I smiled at him.

I got dressed in simple clothes. There was a knock on the door and Shuri came in. 

"Come, breakfast is ready." She told me. I nodded, following her.

I poured out Korey's food and gave him some water. I sat next to Shuri and took my meds. 

"What are those for?" She asked. I frowned. 

"My PTSD and social anxiety. I take them at every meal and some before bed for my nightmares." I explained. She nodded. She regretted asking, I could tell, but she was also curious as to why I had PTSD.

We ate our meal in silence. It was awkward. It was also awkward being in American clothes. I was supposed to be in hiding, but if you came to Wakanda, I'd stick out like a sore thumb. First of all, I'm white, second, I was wearing American clothes and third, I had a service dog with me everywhere I went.

I also ate different things to everyone, mostly because of my meal plan but partly because they didn't have all of the same foods as us.

Suddenly the silence was broken. It was Rose. 

"Violet you have a call incoming from your father." My Ai informed me. I got up, apologising profusely. 

"I'm really sorry I need to take this." T'Challa and Ramonda nodded.

Violet: Hey Dad, you interrupted breakfast, I'm pretty sure T'Challa and Ramonda think I'm really rude now.
Tony: Sorry, I just really miss you and, well you know what date it is.
I frowned, confused.
V: What's the date?
T: August 10th.
I gasped. I had totally forgotten.
V: Oh my god, I'm missing Peter's birthday! Tell him happy birthday from me and that I love him. I do have a present from me, Friday will tell you where it is.
T: Okay Squirt, I love you, you'll be home before you know it.
V: Love you too Dad. Bye.

I sighed, running my hand through my hair and hanging up. I had totally forgotten that it was Peter's birthday and I felt bad for missing it. He would understand though.

I re-entered the dining room and sat back down, apologising again. 

"I'm so sorry, it's my brother's Birthday." T'Challa smiled. 

"I understand, you must be missing your family very much." I nodded.

"That thing, that told you someone was calling you, what was it?" Shuri asked excitedly. 

"Rose? She's my Ai. She's built into my watch, my phone and my earpiece. My Dad made her." Shuri was amazed, her eyes were wide and glistening and her mouth agape. 

"That's so cool." She squealed.

"Do not mind her, she gets very excited about technology," T'Challa told me. I smiled. 

"It's okay, I get it a lot at home with Dad, Bruce, Steve and Bucky."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

"Abuse."

I looked straight ahead of me, my face blank and my voice dull and expressionless. Shuri turned to me, confused. 

"That's why I have PTSD, my Mother abused me. That and the fact that I was kidnapped tortured by Hydra." I explained.

"At breakfast, I could tell you wanted to know why I have PTSD. There it is." Shuri sat down next to me and frowned. She put her hand on my leg. I put my hand on hers. She felt pity.