Coping, Sort Of

Tony's POV:

I was sat in my lab working on getting Rose and violet's watch up and running again and I was starting to get really worried about Violet. She'd been hidden her room for almost a week straight now. Everyone had tried to coax her out but no one had succeeded. I was sat on the couch when Korey came over and placed his paw on me.

"Hey boy, what's wrong?" He nudged his head, signalling me to follow him. So I did. He led me to Violet's room, opening the door and leading me further to her en-suite where Violet was sitting on the bathroom floor, razor blade in hand. I rushed over to her.

"Hey, hey breathe squirt. Give me the blade please." Violet turned to me, tears streaming down her face and eyes red and puffy. She sighed, handing me the blade.

"Thank you, sweetie. Okay, talk to me, what's wrong?" Korey snuggled up to her and she stroked him.

"I could be with them. I could be with both of them at the same time. My birth Dad, Deya. I could see them again." She sniffed.

"I know you miss them squirt but what about the rest of your family? Me, Peter, Loki, Wanda, Nat. All of us would miss you. You've dealt with death so you know how much it would hurt us to lose you. And I've dealt with it too. I couldn't lose another family member at a young age." I wiped away her tears. She nodded. I hugged her, rubbing her back.

"I love you squirt."

"I love you too Dad."

"Now, not to be overprotective," Violet rolled her eyes, "But while I'm fixing up Rose I'm going to get Friday to watch over you okay?" She nodded. "The real hero here though is Korey. if it wasn't for him then, well, I don't want to think about that." Violet smiled slightly, giving Korey a treat. He gobbled it down happily. It was always nice to see his little smile when he knew he'd done a good job.

~~~~~

~~~~~

~~~~~

Violet's P.O.V

Ever since losing, her, I'd taken more to the drums and going down to the gym. They were slightly safer ways of taking out my anger and grief. Of course, when I wasn't doing that though, I was trying to hunt down whoever was the reason for what happened that day. No one was particularly happy about that fact, but no one was stopping me either. I needed to find whoever ordered that attack on us that day and slowly torture and kill them. If I had been smart I wouldn't have killed all the soldiers and instead kept one behind and tortured him for info, but I wasn't thinking straight so I'll let my self off for that.

So far I'd got nothing and I was getting frustrated with myself. I slammed the desk. Korey's head shot up and he plodded over to me. I'd been up long nights and he was tired from watching over me. He rested his head on my leg and I stroked him, taking deep breaths.

"Violet, it's time to go to bed now." Came the voice of Rose. Dad had finally managed to fix her so I no longer had Friday watching over me. But I did have Rose, slightly better but she still goes and snitches to Dad. I groaned.

"You're not the boss of me Rose."

"No, but I am." I turned to see my Dad standing at my door. "Go to sleep squirt, you need some rest. You've been up till 2 for the past 5 nights. Both you and Korey are exhausted. Besides, we think we've got a lead on a big HYDRA base. We're going to give them a little visit tomorrow."

I immediately perked up.

"I knew that would interest you. Now rest up for some fighting. Night."

I sighed. "Night Dad, love you."

"Love you too."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

I was suited up and Dad, Steve, Scott, Nat, Wanda and I were in the hellicarrier ready to kick some HYDRA ass. The others could tell I was getting a bit over excited but suddenly that changed. I started to panic. Why was I so worried? It's not like I hadn't been on a mission before. Maybe it was the thought of the sheer amount of soldiers that might be there or maybe it was the fear of not being able to avenge her.

Nat squeezed my hand. 

"Hey, it'll be okay. Just think of it as any normal mission. You've trained, you've fought, you know what you're doing." She tried to reassure me, but it wasn't working.

For obvious reasons I'd left Korey at home playing with Pal but I kinda needed him. Nat got down on her knees and held my other hand.

"Violet, you are the bravest and strongest teen I know. Scrap that, the bravest and strongest person I know. You will kick ass okay?" I nodded, trying to steady my breathing.

"We're here," Steve called from the cockpit.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

As we headed towards the base, something didn't seem quite right. There were no guards, no guns, no security of any kind. We just walked straight in the front doors. Well, obviously we didn't just strut in, we do care about our safety, we snuck around a bit.

We sent in Scott to scope the place, he was the only one of us that wouldn't get noticed.

"Uh, guys?" Scott's voice came over the comms.

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

"There's no one here. There's still stuff everywhere but it's cluttered and there's no sign of people. It looks like they left in a hurry."

"What could scare off HYDRA?"