Dads

Korey was laid on his back with his paws in the air and his tongue sticking out. I laughed at him and rubbed his belly. 

"He's so silly when he's not working," Deya remarked. 

"You wouldn't even be able to tell that he's a service dog." I hummed in agreement. Deya furrowed her eyebrows.

"You alright?" She questioned. I nodded. 

"Mm-hm." She furrowed her eyebrows again. 

"You sure honey?"

"I'm fine." I snapped. Deya looked at the ground. I sighed. "I'm sorry. Tensions are just still a bit high between me Dad." Deya hugged me. 

"It'll be fine I promise." I have a small smile. 

"I hope so." She kissed me.

"Promise you'll tell me if there's ever anything wrong?"

"Promise."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

I slumped down at the table after giving Korey his food and taking my tablets. 

"Morning Violet." Dad forced. I just grunted. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him. It had been Scott's turn to make breakfast and he made chocolate chip pancakes. He placed a pancake on each plate and a plate in front of everyone. Then he gave me and Nat our fruit and fibre. I thanked him and began to eat.

The whole way through the meal me and Dad were just glaring at each other and it was starting to get to Bruce. At one point Dad turned and whispered something to Stephen and I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. That was the last straw for Bruce.

He slammed the table and stood up, making us all jump. 

"Right! That's it! I have had enough. You two have been shooting daggers at each other for the past twenty minutes. Tony, you need to admit that you were wrong and Violet you need to apologise. This is getting ridiculous!" Bruce ranted. Nat pushed him back into his seat.

"Calm down Bruce." She advised. He took a deep breath. 

"I'm sorry you had to see that."

"It's okay Bruce," Steve said. "You do have a good point. Tony and Violet just need to get over whatever petty argument they're having and apologise to each other." He added, emphasising the last part while looking at me and Dad.

I sighed. 

"I'm sorry for being rude to you Dad." Dad looked at the ground and sighed as well before looking back up at me. 

"And I'm sorry for questioning you about Wade. It was an invasion of your privacy." He admitted. I nodded at him.

Bruce smiled. "There. That wasn't so hard, was it?"

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

It was 11 o'clock and Peter and I were discussing cute boys. It had been a while since I'd been at school so I couldn't exactly remember who was in his year but I was trying. 

"What about Ryan?" I questioned. Peter shook his head. 

"He's annoying. And very much straight." He explained. I sighed and tried to think of someone else. "

Sammy?" Another shake. "Liam?" Again, a shake.  I groaned. "Come on, at least give me something. I'm trying my best." Peter shrugged. 

"What about girls?" I asked. He shrugged again. I groaned again. He wasn't being very helpful. "Just, think about it,  alright?" 

"Okay."

Then footsteps echoed through the halls. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. None of the guys had footsteps that loud did they? There was a puff of smoke and a figure wearing a long black coat appeared.

"It's me motherfuckers."

Dad, who was at the table with the others, stood up. 

"If it isn't Nick Fury. It's been a while." 

Then another figure, this one with long blonde hair, came into the room. 

"Sorry for his entrance. He likes to be extra." She apologised. I noticed she was holding a smoke machine. That must have been where Fury's smoke cloud came from. 

"I'm Carol."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

"So the Skrulls were just looking for a home?" I asked as Nat handed me a protein shake. Carol nodded. 

"Yeah, it turned out the Kree was bad all along. I was bad. I kept feeling like everything I  knew was wrong." I nodded. 

"I know what you mean." Carol and Fury had been telling us all about when they first met and their encounter with the Skrulls. It was really interesting.

"Who wants toast?" Wanda asked. We all shouted out our replies of yes. 

"Can you cut mine vertically rather than diagonally?" Fury requested. Wanda furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Okay?" Carol giggled slightly. Fury glared at her. 

"That was one of the first things Carol learnt about me." He explained. I laughed. 

"What that you refuse to eat your toast if it's cut diagonally?" I questioned. Carol nodded, laughing. 

"It really wasn't necessary!" Fury said annoyed. Carol laughed more. 

"Yeah, but it was funny!" She smiled. I pointed at Carol. 

"I agree."

"So why did you decide to come and visit us?" Scott asked. Carol shrugged. 

"I was just passing by and I thought I'd pop down to see Fury then he told me about you guys," She explained. 

"I really wanted to see you all. Especially since you're named after me." She smiled.

"Did Fury ever tell about how he lost his eye?" Carol queried. We all shook our heads. 

"I really don't think it's necessary," Fury advised.

"All he told me was last time he trusted someone he lost an eye," Steve admitted. Carol laughed. Fury glared at Carol.

"Let me tell you what really happened."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

Sleep is something that not many of us in the Avengers facility get enough. I don't, Steve and Bucky don't, Dad definitely doesn't. So when you have a good sleep, it's an achievement and you ride that high for the rest of that day. Today was one of those days for me.

I walked into the kitchen and sat down in my usual seat. Dad, Bucky and Stephen were the only others up. 

"Dad." I nodded at him. He smiled back. 

"Bucky." Bucky smiled too. 

"Dad 2." I finger gunned at Stephen. Dad and Stephen gasped. 

"You called him Dad 2!" Dad pointed out. I shrugged.

"Well, he is dating you. And he's always been a father figure to me anyway. Why wouldn't he be my Dad?" I questioned. Stephen smiled.

"Because I'm your papa."

I smiled for a moment then cringed. 

"Eww no nope. Sticking with Dad. Dad 1 and Dad 2." Stephen shrugged. 

"It was worth a try." I furrowed my brows and tilted my head to the side. 

"Was it though?"

"Aww look at this. A father and his daughter fighting." Dad cooed. I glared at him. He smiled and walked towards me, hugging me from behind. 

"Stephen! Get in on this hug!" He called out. Stephen smiled, getting up and joining us. 

"I love you guys."

"Ewww love and affection." Bucky fake gagged. We all glared at him. 

"Get a room!" He heckled jokingly. 

"Get Steve some concealer."  I shot back. He blushed red.