This family's adorable

"Stephen!" I called running into his and Dad's room. I turned on the light and he sheilded his eyes. He groaned. 

"What the hell Violet?" I smiled. 

"I've thought of something you say when people ask you how to spell your name." Stephen groaned again. He turned over and covered his ears with his pillow. 

"I don't care." He mumbled into it. I pouted.

"But if they say 'Stephen with a ph?' you can reply 'No, Stephen with a PhD.'." I could hear Dad trying not to laugh. I smiled wide, proud of my joke. Stephen hit Dad. 

"Hey! It was funny." Dad defended. Stephen just got frustrated, mumbling to himself.

Dad, for some unknown reason, couldn't stop laughing. 

"Tony, do me a favour and shut the hell up will you?" Stephen snapped. Dad flinched slightly and Stephen sighed. 

"I'm sorry honey. It's just, it's Saturday and I want a lie-in." He said calmly, facing Dad and hugging him. He kissed his forehead softly. I awed. Stephen, annoyed, teleported me to the living room.

I screamed and landed on Sam's lap. He raised his hands up and glared at me with a look that said 'What the hell?' I simply shrugged. 

"Stephen got annoyed at me," I explained. Sam shrugged as well. 

"Fair enough." I climbed off of him but then layed down with my legs on his. He glared at me.

"It's gay culture bro, we can't sit properly," I told him. Bucky nodded. 

"It's true. Also, have you noticed how Steve does finger guns? Big bi." Sam just looked at us confused before sighing and rolling his eyes. 

"There are too many gay people in this house I can't take it." Sam moaned. I smiled. 

"I know, it's great. There's seven of us and we congregate and become stronger. It's the first place I've been accepted for it honestly, I feel like I finally belong."

I had accidentally let slip that there were two other not straight people, but no one questioned who they were. Nat smiled at me. 

"You will always belong here." She told me. I smiled back at her.

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

Loki's P.O.V

Thor and I were layed on the roof, stargazing. The night sky was filled with stars, like thousands of little lights. 

"Brother?" Thor questioned. I cringed slightly. Today I didn't feel male, I felt female. I didn't like being called male on female days, never had but I was always too scared to correct people. I sighed.

"I feel more like a girl today Thor." I closed my eyes, bracing for the shouting and screaming. Instead of that, I got something I'd never expected.

"Okay. Sister?"

I smiled. I was happier than I had been in my whole 1053 years of existence. 

"Yes, brother?"

"Do you ever miss home?"

My smile fell. Home. Over the past few years, I hadn't really felt like I had a home. After I let myself fall from the Bifrost and came back evil, the people of Asgard didn't particularly like me. Then I spent that time on Sakaar and now I was here.

"What do you mean? Anywhere with you is home."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~
Violet's P.O.V

"Why did you hit me?" Thor questioned. I shrugged. 

"I wanted to see if it would hurt you. Or if it would hurt me." Thor just stared at me blankly. 

"I don't get it." He said. 

"I guess you could say you're Thor-oughly confused." I joked doing finger guns. Everyone groaned. Apart from Scott, who for some reason found it absolutely hilarious and was now on the ground clutching his stomach in laughter.

Sam facepalmed at Stephen just looked at Scott almost in disgust. I could tell Dad was holding back laughter again but he didn't want to show me that he liked my jokes. He also didn't want to piss off Stephen. No one wanted to piss of Stephen.

"What are we doing today then? It's Saturday, no one has to go anywhere or do anything." Scott questioned. I shrugged. 

"I mean, everyone knows who you and Peter are so it doesn't matter if we're seen out, so anything really." Dad pointed out.

"As long as it wouldn't irritate Korey too much. I mean everywhere is service dog-friendly but we couldn't go to like, a theme park because someone would always have to stay with him, I wouldn't be okay with leaving him alone."

"Honestly I want to stay in and snuggle under blankets watching TV," Peter said. I held my hand to my chest. 

"I don't know why but that is the single softest thing ever. 10/10 would be a great date." I awed. 

"Also, I suggest binge-watching series 5 of Doctor Who. It's the first Matt Smith series and I love it." Everyone murmured in agreement.

So that's exactly what we did. We piled blankets and duvets on ourselves with Korey at our feet and sat eating popcorn and watching Doctor Who. It was great. Yeah, there was inevitably some tears (mostly from me and Peter), but there was also laughs. It was great.

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

I don't understand how sometimes you just feel like you'd rather do anything at that moment than be alive. It's like all other parts of your brain shut down and your entire body shuts down with it and all you can do is lay in bed staring at the ceiling.

Right now, I was having one of those sometimes. I had woken up feeling fine and I went down and had breakfast but then just like that I was really sad. But not even sad, more like just, empty. I went to my room, got under my duvet and hadn't moved since.

My door creaked open and there was a soft 'Hey'. It was Steve. I did nothing. He sighed and sat on the end of my bed. 

"What's up?" He asked. 

"Right now? The ceiling, petrol prices in the UK, childhood obesity," I listed. Steve rolled his eyes. 

"I mean what's wrong? With you, right now. Like, what's bothering you?" This time I was the one sighing.

I sat up to look at Steve. 

"You know that feeling that you don't add anything to the world and you don't do anything like you're worthless and you just feel empty?" He hummed in acknowledgement. "Yeah well, that." Steve smiled a soft, sympathetic smile. He came closer to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder before fully engulfing me in a hug. I smiled slightly.

He pulled away but still rested his hands on my shoulder. 

"Hey, listen, there will good days and bad days. On those bad days, you just need to breathe. Take things in small steps, make small goals. The first may just be wake up and then feel good that you've done that. The next could be get out of bed. Then it could be take off your pyjama bottoms. Little things okay? You are loved and you are so important to so many people. You are needed. We love you okay?"

I nodded.

"Okay."