Korey

I sat on my bed, my head in my hands. The news I had just been given was keeping me up. I had been officially diagnosed with PTSD, body dysmorphia and social anxiety. There was a knock on my door and Dad walked in. He sat down next to me. 

"It's nothing to be ashamed of you know." He said. I sighed. 

"I know, it's just hard to swallow I guess," I admitted. Dad hugged me. 

"I don't think things will ever be the same." He turned to me, using his fingers to lift up my chin.

"You know I had what I called an 'anxiety problem' after the battle of New York. I would freak out and have a panic attack when people talked about it and asked me if the aliens would come back. I couldn't sleep for months. People said I had PTSD but I didn't believe them. We're both in the same boat you know. We're in this together." I looked at him, tears in my eyes. 

"Yeah but you did something heroic, I did nothing but sit there and cry."

"You do nothing for me." She spat. 

"Nothing but sit there and cry. You're worthless. I'm disappointed to call myself your mother."

I winced, the pain coming back with the memories. Dad hugged me again, rubbing soothing circles on my back. I let out a sob. 

"Shh it's okay, let it out." He said, calmingly. I sniffed. 

"You know, you are so brave. You stayed strong all that time your Mother was abusing you. You're more heroic than me." I smiled through the tears. I put my hand on Dad's leg. He felt pity and prowess. 

"Don't feel sorry for me," I said.

"Don't just sit there feeling sorry for yourself. GET UP AND DO SOMETHING." I winced, edging away from her.

"I don't deserve this."

"You deserve nothing good." She hit me.

"You deserve all the goodness in the world." This time there was no flashback. I sighed, releasing some tension. My Mum hadn't ever been nice to me, I had no good memories of her. I smiled at Dad. 

"I'm so proud of you okay. You're strong. You're doing so well." The more good things Dad told me, the more relaxed I became. It's like good things counteracted the bad memories. Dad hugged me. I smiled. 

"Goodnight. I love you." He got up off the bed. 

"Wait, can you sleep with me tonight?" I asked. Dad sighed. 

"Yeah okay." He got in bed with me. 

"Thanks. I love you." I smiled. 

"I love you too."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

I woke up, stretching. I had now been with Dad for a full week. Dad had already got up. I got out of bed, yawning. 

"I can't be bothered to walk." I sighed. So I made a portal to the kitchen, entering it. Everyone stared at me. 

"What?" I asked. "I'm lazy, deal with it." Stephen rolled his eyes. 

"I didn't teach you how to make portals for you to use them instead of walking for 1 minute." He sighed. I shrugged, taking my seat next to Nat at the breakfast bar.

I took out my timetable, groaning. 

"What lessons do you have?" Nat asked me. 

"Double French, then break, then double English, then lunch, then Gym. So 4 periods with no Alicia. Nat groaned.