You're soft you know

I walked into the Avengers facility, the place I called home, with my head hung low. I sighed, dreading all the questions. I entered the living room and everyone looked confused. 

"Hey, Violet. Why are you home early?" Nat asked. I kicked the floor. 

"She got suspended," Dad answered for me. Loki's head shot up, he smirked.

"What did you do?" He questioned. I could tell that he asking to act like he was still 'evil' and 'mischievous'. He wasn't really, Loki is very much misunderstood. 

"I punched Georgia in the face," I replied. Loki high-fived me. Dad narrowed his eyes at Loki. 

"That's not a good thing. She risked outing herself," Dad began. He sighed, running his hands through his hair.

"You know what, never mind I don't care. Violet go to your room, I don't want to see you right now and I've got work to do." Dad said, waving me away. I turned away, hurt. Wanda and Nat looked at me, worried and sympathetic. I walked off to my room.

I threw myself on my bed, taking off Korey's vest and lead. He jumped on my bed with me, nudging me with his nose. I smiled, hugging him. 

"You love me don't you Korey?" I asked him. "Ah, who am I kidding. You're a dog, you can't understand me."

There was a knock on the door. 

"It's Loki." The person on the other side of the door called out. What did Loki want? 

"Come in." Loki opened the door, coming over and sitting next to me. He smiled.

"I know how you're feeling." He said. I laughed. 

"You have no idea how I'm feeling."

"You're feeling like nobody cares. You feel shunned away by your Dad, like you're an object. You feel like you're in someone else's shadow and you have to live up to someone else's standards." Loki explained. Surprisingly, he pinpointed it exactly. I looked at him, shocked. 

"Maybe you do know. How?" I questioned. Loki frowned. 

"I had the exact same thing with my Father and Thor. You'll be fine you know. Your Dad loves you. Unlike mine." Loki looked at the ground. I hugged him. He was confused at first but hugged me back. 

"You're soft you know. And you love him." I smiled. Loki pulled away. 

"Love who?" He asked. 

"You know who. You're kind, you're caring. You always have been. You use this evil villain persona to seem stronger. You don't need to hide it."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

Loki's P.O.V

I sat in my room, thinking about what Violet had said. She was right. I sighed. I had treated Thor badly all this time. I frowned. I needed to set things right.

I walked into Thor's room. He looked up at me confused. I attacked him in a hug. 

"I'm sorry," I said. Thor stumbled back confused. 

"For what?" He asked. 

"For everything. I'm so sincerely sorry. I've been the worst brother. I love you." Thor smiled at me. 

"I love you too. Apology accepted."

"Why now?" Thor asked. I tilted my head, confused. 

"Why, after all this time, are you apologising now?" I smiled. 

"Let's just say I had an interesting conversation with a certain 14-year-old."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

Violet's P.O.V

I layed in bed, staring at the ceiling. I had no motivation to do anything. I didn't want to draw, I didn't want to play an instrument, I didn't want to do anything. I was about to call Alicia when Wanda and Nat walked in. 

"You need to come down for dinner," Wanda said.

"I don't want to eat," I mumbled. Nat frowned. 

"Come on, I need my buddy to eat with. I don't want to be the only one eating something different." She whined. It was her way of trying to persuade me. 

"You dealt with it fine before. Wanda and Nat looked at each other, desperate. 

"You need your meds." Wanda pointed out. 

"I don't need to eat to take them," I replied. 

"Korey needs to eat," Nat observed. 

"He can eat here." Everything they said to try and persuade me, I came back with something else.

"Your Dad's gone out if that's what you're worried about," Wanda informed me. I sighed. 

"Fine. I'll come down and eat." I gave in. I got up off my bed. 

"But I coming straight back here afterwards." Nat smiled. 

"As long as you're eating." I walked out and Korey followed me.

I sat down at the table, my meds were in my place ready for me. I took a sip of my drink, swallowing them. I smiled as I noticed Loki and Thor joking and laughing together. Loki caught my eye and thanked me.

"So Violet." Bucky began. 

"What did Georgia say for you to punch her?" He asked. Steve hit him under the table. Bucky glared at him. 

"She said that all of you guys were nothing," I confessed. Everyone awed. 

"That's actually kinda sweet. I don't get why Tony's mad at you." Bruce admitted. I laughed. 

"You and me both big guy, you and me both."

When we finished eating I went back into my room. I headed straight into my music room and picked up my guitar. 

"I heard that you've been, self medicating in the quiet of your room. Your sweet, suburban tomb. And if you need a friend, I'll help you stitch up your wounds." I sang softly. I wasn't good at singing but I enjoyed it and that's what mattered.

Something else I enjoyed was dancing. I really liked dancing to a particular song by The Killers, human. I don't know why but the song just spoke to me. 

"Rose, play Human by The Killers." The song began to play and I closed my eyes, letting the music flow through my body.

I had always enjoyed dancing, ever since I was a kid. It was my escape, it was one of the only ways I could express myself. I was always trapped as a kid, confined to certain things. With dancing I was free, I could do whatever I wanted to and nobody was there to judge.

Dancing was freedom. It was my support. It was the only thing that stayed consistent in my life.

This chapter is a bit shorter but I wasn't really motivated so I hope you can take that as an excuse.