Party (Part 1)

It was my birthday and I was excited but terrified at the same time. I was excited because, well, it was my birthday and I was getting to see Alicia, Logan and Peter again. I was nervous because I had no idea how everyone would react to Logan suddenly turning up.

Logan and Dad didn't know each other, but there seemed to be some tension there. My assumption was that Logan hated Dad because he's 'one of them stuck up billionaires' but I didn't know why Dad had an issue with Logan. My mind was racing with thoughts. I just hoped that they didn't kill each other.

I was woken that morning by the Avengers coming into my room and screaming. Korey kinda freaked slightly and tried to stand his ground between me and them. I laughed, whistling him over to me. 

"Morning," I mumbled, groggily. Dad smiled at me. 

"Happy birthday baby." He said, kissing my forehead. I smiled back.

"All right people, unless you want to see me naked get out. I'll be out in 10." I said. Everyone rushed out of the room and I had a shower before getting dressed.

I walked into the kitchen. Well, I say that more like I stumbled into the kitchen and tripped over the bin. I could see Scott holding back a laugh. I glared at him. 

"I forgot my glasses okay, everything literally looks like I'm drunk," I whined defensively. I managed to get to my stool and sit down successfully.

An array of plates were placed in front of us, some with pancakes, others waffles, there was even pain au chocolat. Nat and I looked at each other giddily. This was a massive treat for both of us. Then I scanned the foods, the calories seem to appear next to them like the words in Sherlock. I suddenly didn't feel hungry.

I looked back at Nat, this time not so giddy. She hugged me. 

"It's okay. You'll be fine. Relax, it's your birthday." She pulled away and smiled at me. 

"Enjoy it while it lasts." I sighed, taking a deep breath and putting a waffle on my plate. Just relax and enjoy it.

"PRESENT TIME!" Dad squealed as soon as we finished breakfast. I rolled my eyes. He seemed more excited than me. He took my hand and dragged me into the living room. I felt like I was the parent and he was the child. I was curious as to who would have got me a gift, there was a lot of us.

I picked up the first gift. 

"That's from me and Bucky," Steve told me. 

"I would have never guessed," I replied nonchalantly. It was wrapped in a Captain America wrapping paper and had a little red, white and blue bow. I ripped it open, making sure to show no mercy to Steve's perfect wrapping.

I smiled. It was a new sketchbook and pencils. I thanked him before moving on to the next gift. It had falcon wrapping paper. I nodded at Sam. It was headphones that connected to my electric guitar. I could tell he was sending me a hint.

I whizzed through the gifts, thanking everyone, before finally landing on Dad's. It was the most anti-climatic thing ever. Everyone was expecting it to be massive, but it was just an envelope. I opened it up and inside was a credit card. I read the note that came with it.

Your very own credit card. Use it as much or as little as you like. Just don't overspend or buy anything naughty. ;)

I rolled my eyes at the cheeky comment and carried on reading.

Also just thought you'd like to know, you're an Avenger now. I think you'll love your suit.

Lots of love, Dad Xxx