Nightmare squad

"You'll be fine with us." The man assured me. "It's for your own safety." I gulped. The man reached out his hand for me to take. 

"Do you trust me?" He asked. I didn't trust him, no, but I was scared of him so I had to lie. I nodded. "Then take my hand." I grabbed the man's hand and he led me to a car. I fell asleep not long after.

I woke up in a strange mechanical chair, almost like a dentist's chair. I struggled but I couldn't move. They put a gag in my mouth, to mute my me. The machine wrapped around my head. They turned it on and my muffled screams could be heard. It was excruciatingly painful. Tears streamed down my face.

I woke up, gasping for breath. I was sweating profusely and I could feel a waterfall of hot tears running down my face. I sighed. It was only a dream. But it felt so real. I got up out of bed, put on my glasses and walked into the corridor, Korey followed after me. I closed the door, sliding down it and sat down, knees to my chest, at the bottom. 

"Jesus Christ," I whispered to myself.

"Nightmare?" A voice asked. I looked up to see Bucky. In my shaken state, I didn't even hear him come out of his room. I nodded. 

"You too?" He frowned, nodding. 

"At least this time I didn't wake up screaming. That's the reason me and Steve shared a room in the first place, we were the only people strong enough to hold the other down when we woke up screaming." He explained. I patted the ground next to me, inviting him to sit down.

He turned to me. 

"So, what was yours about?" He asked. I shuffled about awkwardly. 

"Hydra." Bucky smiled. 

"Me too." I pet Korey, trying to calm myself down from the dream. 

"In mine, I was reliving when they tortured me. I could feel the pain the same, except I don't think I actually screamed in real life. It was like one of my flashbacks, but a dream." I explained. Bucky nodded.

"That's exactly what it's like for me. Except I'm reliving people I've killed." He sighed. 

"And apparently you did scream because Steve thought it was me. Until he turned to me and saw I wasn't screaming." I frowned. 

"Huh. Didn't realise."

Then Steve came out and joined us. He sat down on the other side of me, petting Korey. 

"So it's you that was screaming?" He questioned. I nodded. 

"Sorry about that." He smiled. 

"It's okay, I'm used to it. I guess the others are too since they didn't come out to see what was going on." I nodded. 

"Guess so."

We sat talking some more before Wanda came out, sleepily. Nat followed shortly afterwards. 

"You guys do realise you're chattering right next to us?" Nat hissed. 

"Yeah, some of us are trying to sleep." Wanda groaned. We all shrugged. 

"Well some of us can't sleep because if we do we wake up either screaming or gasping for breath." Bucky sassed back. I high fived him.

"What are you guys doing out here?" Bruce asked, coming out of his room. 

"That's what we're trying to find out," Wanda said. Bucky, Steve and I just sat there, all petting Korey. Then Dad came out and joined the party as well. 

"What. The. Hell." He said, groggily. He was in just his boxers.

"Woah Tony put on some pyjamas!" Bruce exclaimed. Tony shrugged. 

"What's going on?" He asked. Everyone looked at us. I smiled. 

"We're the nightmare squad yo."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

I got up and went downstairs for breakfast, Korey trudging after me. I didn't sleep after our little 'hangout' in the corridor so I was tired, to say the least. I groaned, sitting down at the breakfast bar. I took my meds and groaned again, just to make my point.

Loki stormed into the kitchen. 

"Why was everyone in the other corridor talking so loudly at one in the morning?" He boomed. 

"You can say that again," Sam mumbled. I glared at the two of them. 

"I'm sorry, are you tired? As you can clearly see by these ginormous bags under my eyes, I am very sleep deprived and I would massively appreciate it if you could shut your whining mouths." I hissed. Everyone shut up immediately.

"Thank you." I took a sip of water and sighed, I didn't think I would make it through the day without falling asleep. 

"What did happen though?" Vision asked. 

"Violet had a nightmare, so did Barnes. I think Rogers might have too." Nat explained. I nodded, pointing at her. 

"Yep."

10 minutes later, Bucky and Steve came and joined us at breakfast. I could tell they didn't sleep either. I looked at them and nodded, they nodded back. We were thanking each other for their help and support, but we were too tired to speak.

After breakfast Steve, Bucky and I all went back to our rooms and just flopped. We all had training but we couldn't do it because we just didn't have the energy. I was annoyed about it because I love to exercise, but I could deal with it. It wasn't the end of the world.

I got out my phone and texted Logan.
V: Yo, Dad will probably be mad about this but idc. It's my birthday tomorrow and we're having a party at the Avengers facility and I'd really like it if you could come.
L: Sure. What time?
V: Is 7 okay?
L: It's fine, I'll be there.

I smiled. Dad was going to kill me, but I was going to see Logan. I hadn't seen him in ages and he was family, so I thought it was okay. I had also invited Alicia, Peter and Clint. Peter was bringing Ned as well who I was excited to meet. I'd heard a lot about him from Peter, those two were really close. Ned even knew that Peter was spiderman.

I was excited to see Alicia again as well, I hadn't seen her since I was suspended. That was a week prior. I was sad that I wouldn't see her much anymore, but we could still talk and we could face time so it wasn't too bad.