1.

Ok, like I said everything started when I was 11 years old. I can barely remember my own death, everything went black and it was cold. Really cold. Not the kind of coldness you had when you jump into a cold sea, no it was a live less coldness.
I never felt something like this before.

But right after that I was kinda flying, my environment began to shine and I had a free feeling, this light was beautiful. The only thing I saw was a door, which I opened, finding myself in front of my own house. I felt alive again, so I ran right into it wanting to go to my parents. They stood in the living room with worried faces.

"Yeah, he didn't come back, he should be home for two hours", my dad explained into the telephone, "his name is brendon."

"Dad! I'm here!", I said waving my hand in front of him, but he looked right behind me with cold eyes, "Hello! Dad, I'm here!"

"They said they will send the police after him", my dad told my mom.

"No! I'm right here! Can't you see me?!", I yelled at them, but no one reacted at my scream.

My elder sister Emily sat on the couch a tissue in her hand. She was crying, I don't want her to cry.

"Don't cry, Emily, I'm right here!", I told her laying my hand on her shoulder. She lifted her head and looked at her shoulder, but shook her head again.

Why can't anybody here see me?

I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I tried to blink them away, but they made their way out of my eyes.

What happened?

Why can't they see me?

Am I ghost? No, that's impossible.

Everything felt so surreal, but this wasn't just fantasy. This was real.

So I waited and waited and waited. And found more and more out about my current state. I can feel pain, but I can't die, well, I already am dead.

And no one can see, feel or hear me, even though some people react when I stand near them, it's like a small breeze, nothing more.

But I'm not the only one. My state is rare, but there are many lost souls out there, but they travel. Here in town where I life I'm the only ghost who permanently stays here and I don't wanna leave. I can't leave my family here. It's just weird seeing every one ageing, but they can't see me. I also age, now I'm a 17 year old boy.

Sometimes when I'm bored I follow people around, listen to conversations, I even go to class rooms, so I can feel like a normal boy again.

I often saw people getting their first kiss, or their first heartbreak, being bullied, and more things. The good thing is, no one notices you, but the bad thing is, you can do nothing.
I can't help them, not even talk to them.

Animals seem to feel my presence or even see me. I'm not sure of that though.

So I spend my time walking around, stalking people, no matter how creepy that may sounds, and search for other lost souls.

This is my life now, or better my death? What can you call this? Definitely not living.

Anyway, this was my life until I saw him.

*****

If you like this story you can also check out my other two ones I wrote if you want

How went your day so far?

<3