41.

We brought my sister back home and also Patrick walked home again. Both were shocked about the earlier events. Actually we barely talked about it, we just walked home, head down low, not wanting to talk about what happened.

We all said good bye and when it was just Ryan and me we walked to his silently.

"We could've died", Ryan sobbed next to me, " if we wouldn't have been so fast, maybe we, maybe he would've..."

"Ryan don't say that!", I said laying my hands in his shoulders, "nothing happened! And we escaped."

"Maybe you were also running away, but you weren't fast enough", he mumbled, "I didn't really think that this was serious, and I don't wanna sound cruel, but when I see that a kid is missing on the tv, then I think for a few seconds about it and then never again. It happens so often around the world that we think it's normal."

He wiped a few tears of his away, trying not to cry too hard.

"Maybe this is hell here, what else can it be when people are doing horrible things like this out of fun. Killing. You were just a small innocent kid!"

Now he completely broke down next to me, he buried his face in his hands and just cried. I immediatly wrapped my arms around the tiny boy and held him closer to me.

"Too many kids weren't fast enough to escape", he sobbed into my chest, "Why are so many people so fucking cruel?!"

A few tears also escaped my eyes, falling on the ground.

"I don't know, Ryan", I said, trying to sound strong, but my voice was trembling while breaking.

So we sat here, crying in the middle of the street. We needed sleep, desperately, we needed to rest, but life never gives you rest.

We couldn't quite rest in a world of this things happening like this,  it's horrible and twisted.

Maybe he was right, maybe this is hell.

****

Sorry, this chapter is slightly boring :/ but it's getting more interesting:)

So, do you already have an idea of the murderer? Is it someone I already mentioned in the story or someone we don't know yet?

<3