38.

"This time you won't hesitate to throw the stone, won't you?", I asked.

Ryan rolled his eyes when we stood in front of Patrick's window. Emily managed to come down by herself pretty well.

He focused on the window again and threw the stone on the wall instead of the window.

"Can't you throw a stone?! Did you skip kindergarten?", I asked, looking with wide eyes at Ryan, who just scratched his neck.

"I'll try it", Emily said and she actually hit the window, "this is how you do it."

Then we all waited for Patrick to come. The light of the room went on and a tired and scared Patrick opened it, looking at us in shock.

"What do you want?", he asked, more mumbling.

"Just a little meeting, would you come down?", Emily asked, but Patrick just shook his head.

"You're insane, it's in the middle of the night, I won't come down", he said, already wanting to go to sleep again.

"No! Patrick wait!", Ryan said, causing him to turn around to us again, "it won't be for long."

He was about to turn away again, but Emily said:

"Patrick we need your smart brain and your intellect, anyway we won't solve this riddle, you're the one who can help us!"

This made him stop going. He thought probably.

"Alright, I'll be down in about a few minutes", he said.

"Good one", Ryan said, causing my sister to nod her head.

"I know", she said turning to the window again.

****

"What took you so long?", Ryan asked, when Patrick came out of the house with a huge back pack.

"And what's this?", Emily asked pointing at his equipment.

"We aren't going to solve a mystery without the right equipment!", he said.

"How much does this weight?", I asked, causing Ryan to repeat it.

"I don't know, it's pretty heavy", he said, "doesn't matter anyway, we can go now."

And with that said we made our way to tsuki again, who still sat on the same spot we left her.

She turned around and saw us, before continuing walking.

"I swear to god this cat is cleverer than we all together", Ryan said starting to walk.

Let's go into the forest.

****