55.

"I do, Brendon", she said.

My eyes widened from the shock. Why does she know my name?

"You're the missing kid", she said casually, like it was nothing.

"But-but how", I asked.

"I can see you, like the brown haired boy can", she said, "some people have that gift."

"So you can see ghosts your whole life?", I asked.

"I do", she answered, "at first I thought they're normal people, but I started to realising my gift when I saw my dead aunt on a family meeting. Everyone thought I was insane, but she explained it to me."

"Why are you here?"

"I need to help my father out, he said he desperately needs it", she sighed.

"So, your father lives here?"

"He does."

"Do I know him?", I asked.

"You do", she shortly answered.

"Who is he?"

"You didn't notice so far?", she asked with an arisen eyebrow.

"No, at first we thought it was Mr. Louis, but apparently he doesn't even have a daughter", I chuckled.

She slowly nod, not saying anything. I waited for an answer, but it didn't come. She just sat there, staring at the lifeless street in front of us.

"Why were you crying?", she asked after a while.

I shrugged and looked on my feed.

"Is it about Ryan?", she asked. Was it really that obvious?

"I guess", I sobbed, my voice breaking.

"Are you scared of what will happen to him, or because of what we're you crying?"

"I am scared. I'm scared of losing him, I'm afraid that maybe he will have the same future as I do", I said, " and I... I.... He just means a lot to me."

"I understand", she sighed, "maybe you should talk to him about your feelings?"

"I did! And he also feels them, but look at me!", I said, standing up to point at myself, "I am DEAD! And he's ALIVE! I can't do this to him! He can't be stuck with somebody who can't even fucking open doors, because I'm a ghost!"

I let my hand fall down again and looked at the puddle again, "this is not fair."

"It isn't", she said, "but maybe we can do something about it."

"What?", I sniffled, "do you know what happened to me?"

"No, but that's why I'm here", she said.

"I thought you're going to help your father."

"I do, he needs help with finding this person, or these people, whoever did this to you. I wanna find out", she said.

"You wanna find out who killed me?", I asked shocked.

"Yes, but I need your help, are you in?", she asked, holding her hand out.

At first I hesitated, what if I can't trust her? Well, I already trusted her enough to tell her about my problems with Ryan. Something about this woman had this familiar warm feeling, I think I could trust her.

Let's hope I don't regret it sooner or later.

"Alright, I'm in", I finally said, shaking her hand.

****

Wish me all good luck, I write math today and I nearly got a mental breakdown yesterday, because I don't fucking get math:)

<3