43.

"I... I get this feeling around you", I said, looking immediatly down on my feed.

I didn't want to look him in the eyes, I didn't want to see the confusion, the hate or maybe a gliss of disappointment.

"Well, that took you a long time to say", he said, causing me to look up.

Ryan was smiling bright.

He was smiling.

No hate, no confusion.

No, it was happiness.

"What?", I slowly asked.

"I mean, it's not like you weren't quite obvious, right?", he chuckled, causing me to let out a small laugh.

"Were I really that obvious?", I asked.

"I think even the cat noticed, Brendon", he said, causing me to just smile brighter.

"Well then....", I said, "What-what about you?"

"Oh, yeah", he mumbled, scratching the back of his neck, "actually I still don't know. It's confusing, you know?"

"Of course I know", I laughed, "But I understand you."

"When you told me about the girl you really liked, I was kinda jealous honestly", he said, his cheeks turning red.

"I lied. There's no girl I like", I told him.

"And that's true? No girl to worry about?", he asked.

"No girl to worry about", I said, smiling.

"Good", he mumbled, leaning on my shoulder, starting to stroke my hair.

I was petrified, what was he doing? But it felt good, really good.

"Is that alright?", he slowly asked, when he felt me tensing up under his touch.

"Mhm", I mumbled, relaxing me to wrap my arm around him to pull him closer.

He smiled and laid his head on my shoulder, causing me to smile like an idiot.

"You smell good", I mentioned, "do you use a different deodorant?"

"Yeah.... It's vanilla", he mumbled, "I know it's for girls, but it smells so good. I had to buy it."

"You're right, it is good smelling. Please stick in that one."

"Bren, I'm tired", he mumbled against my neck. I felt his voice vibrating against it and I think my heart was jumping out of my ribcage.

"Then let's go to sleep, tomorrow is going to be a long day", I said already laying down on his bed.

He put his body next to mine and the light went out. It was silent for a few seconds, he was just stroking my hair and I had my arm around his waist.

"Can I cuddle you again?", I asked.

"You can always cuddle me", he said, causing me to lay both of my arms tight around this tiny creature. He buried his face in my chest and I pulled him closer, if that was even possible.

And then I fell asleep with a big smile on my face...

****