26.

"Patrick!", Emily yelled, knocking on Patrick's door like a maniac.

"Emily, what the fuck? You don't need to break the door", Patrick answered, opening the brown door.

"It's urgent", she said.

Patrick narrowed his eyes, which landed on Ryan.

"Who's that?", he asked.

"That's Ryan", emily simply answered.

"And who is Ry-"

"We don't have time for it. Wanna solve a riddle? I know you love riddles", she said.

"Emily, what is going on?"

"We'll explain it to you later, so will you come or not?"

"Wait, let me put on my fedora", he said grabbing a black hat, putting it on his head proudly, "Now we can go."

We all started walking, not exactly knowing where to start until Patrick spoke up.

"So, what is going on?", the strawberry blonde boy asked.

"We're going to find out who murdered my brother", emily said looking at her feed.

"What?", Patrick asked, "No, no, no. A murderer? No, not with me."

"Please pat, we need you. You are the genius of us three. You are the cleverest guy I know. We need your intellect."

"No. I let go of this thing, I don't wanna bring everything up again", Patrick said shaking his head.

"Please believe us. It's urgent, because maybe you or Ryan are in danger", emily explained.

"Why? Wouldn't it be safer if we stay out of this? We don't even know if Brendon was murdered or not. I know it's hard, but let go of him. We can't just say out of nowhere to find the person who ended his life. It was horrible and terrifying for everyone of us. You are his sister and I was his best friend. And I let go, you should too", and with that Patrick turned around to walk away, but Ryan grabbed his shoulder and forced him to face us again.

"We know he was murdered and someone else is in danger. We aren't joking. This is serious and we don't have that much time anymore", he softly said, but Patrick didn't respond.

"Don't you wanna know what happened? And No one of us let go of him. All of us get this weird feeling in their chest when they see that a kid is missing on the news. We can't even hear queen anymore without wanting to cry. Our throat tightens when we see a piano. It still haunts us, and it will forever if we don't find out how he died", emily said.

What she said... I know that everyone was sad about my disappearing, but I didn't know it was that bad. That everyone was suffering, I thought they moved on and even forgot about me. It broke my heart seeing this.

"But how do you know this?", he slowly asked.

We sighed and explained everything about my presence. He didn't believe it at first but after a few tries he gave in and said he follows us.

A shy boy, a though girl, the nerd and a dead boy against a murderer.

I mean, it could be worse.

*****

Hellooooo

I think I'm ill, yey.

Anyway, what I wanted to ask you is, do you want a chapter from the murderer perspective? I thought it would be cool, but what do you guys think of it?

<3