|6|

"Wait! Hang on-- Jisoo unnie!" Chaeyoung chased the older girl who stormed out from the judging and noisy crowd. "Unnie! Wait for me!"

It was an advantage for Chaeyoung having long legs to catch up with a few strides. She stopped Jisoo by the hallway, her other hand holding a handkerchief. A bit too small to take care of the damage yet she continued wiping Jisoo off the dripping water hugging her body.

"You'll get sick if you don't dry it off. Come with me." She didn't wait for a response nor was she able to hear one as she dragged Jisoo. When they passed by her locker, she took the spare clothes she always kept. Upon reaching the girls' lavatory, she took off her cardigan and proceeded in drying Jisoo as much as she can. "I don't have a towel with me but this will do-"

"You'll ruin your clothes then."

She sensed the latter's inaudible voice and she just wanted to hug her on the spot. Jisoo doesn't deserve any of what happened earlier. She continued her work. "Does it matter? You're my top priority."

She didn't get a response but she saw Jisoo massaging her head for a bit.

"Did you get hurt?"

"Yeah. This part over here-"

"Where?"

She was quick to scan the bump on Jisoo's head before the latter finish talking. She sighed as it wasn't as terrible as she expected because she's seen worse. Truthfully, Jisoo's lucky to not be bleeding anywhere.

"We'll put some ice on that later, unnie. Okay?"

"Chae, I think I had enough ice for the moment. Thank you very much."

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes for she wasn't sure if Jisoo was being funny sarcastic or serious sarcastic. She hoped it was the former or she swears she'll hunt down Jennie Kim and those boys treating people like toys. Her best friend haven't been here for long and she has become their target already.

"I'm sorry, unnie."

Jisoo frowned because Park Chaeyoung is a crybaby. And that crybaby is showing up again. Give it a few more minutes and she'd be bawling in tears. "What are you sorry for? You're not the one who did it. You have nothing to be guilty of."

"But I wasn't able to stop them. And they hurt you... I promised you that I won't let you get hurt by bullies, unnie."

Jisoo was supposed to be the one being comforted but the situation right now looked like she was the one to comfort Chaeyoung. She quickly hugged the brunette and smiled because no matter what happened, Chaeyoung has always been there for her since day one. Even when a lot of kids teased them back then for being each other's company or when they were each other's total opposite or even when there was one cookie left... The two of them always make their bond indestructible against everything else.

And that meant something since Chaeyoung is protective of her food. Since she knew completely of her dislikes and stay away from them. Since someone like Jisoo could be replaced but she chooses to keep her even if she looses potential new friends.

"It's nothing that I haven't experienced before." Jisoo smiled a bit but she wasn't going to be fooled by that. She knew Jisoo's real smiles. "But wow... that was freezing, huh? Guess I should reconsider if I really want to join that ice bucket challenge."

"Yeah you should." She just went along and giggled with Jisoo. Sometimes it's better to let her deal with it alone. Chaeyoung held her hands for a bit and stared into her eyes. "I'm always here for you. You're my only friend, Jisoo unnie."