|16|

Eyes heavy and with a terrible ache occupying the entire head was the worst way to wake up. Jisoo could feel her throat sore and her shoulder numb. She forced herself to open her eyes as the light was now touching a bit of her face.

She looked to her left side where Jennie was still fast asleep. It's the first time she really saw the girl sleeping in complete tranquility. She never really have observed her closely, didn't take the time for it as she would always wake her up immediately every morning. Hearing a soft whimper, Jisoo tucked a loose strand of Jennie's hair after she wanted to see more of her. She noticed the slight frown and she didn't fight the urge to poke where the younger girl's eyebrows meet, softly doing some circular motion that seemed to ease the expression.

Her smile wasn't able to appear on her lips as she coughed hard. It caused Jennie to open her eyes, squinting hard and all before she studied her surroundings. She frowned again until her gaze met the older girl's.

"What happened?"

"You fell asleep." Jisoo said as Jennie tried sitting up. "And it's morning already."

"Oh..."

"Oh."

Jennie's face became conflicted and even with Jisoo's curiosity about what happened last night, she didn't say a thing. It can wait and she'd rather not find out when her headache's killing her. "I was thinking that you could lean on me then we can walk out of here."

"I don't think I can walk." She avoided the latter's worried eyes and reached for her foot. "I think I broke it."

"Do you want me to... um..." Jisoo cleared her throat because it was a stupid idea to offer when she felt sick. "Carry you?"

"And why would you do that?"

"Because--"

"Oh... Because it's your job?"

Jisoo was surprised with her tone. Not because Jennie was being ungrateful or indifferent after what happened but her voice didn't have spite in it. If there was any word to describe it... it was just plain sad.

"No. No, it's not just because of that." She sighed and faced Jennie as she's been thinking of what she could say or do to make things better between them. "Jennie, to be honest... I--"

"Jennie-ah!!"

"Jennie unnie!"

"Jennie!"

The door bursted open and the first face that greeted the two girls was distorted with agitation and anxiety. Mino quickly went towards them, towards Jennie, startling Jisoo and making her move to the side. His hands didn't immediatley hold her, Jisoo noticed, and instead lingered near Jennie while scanning the younger girl thoroughly. His gaze was tranfixed on her before he reached out his hand for Jennie to take.

Jisoo could see it. The silent conversation the two were having that it almost seemed private even when Bobby, Seunghoon, Lisa and her were inside in the room. Jennie held onto his hand and once she was in his grasp, he carefully carried her up in his arms as Jennie rested her head against his chest. The older girl stood and spoke up when Mino seemingly wanted nothing but to take Jennie away from the old rusty cabin.

"Be careful on her foot. She--"

"Don't fucking tell me what to do and what not to do with her." Mino's eyes were steely more than ever. He looked at her and she could tell if he wasn't holding Jennie so close, those hands might have come for her neck. "You've done enough but I know better so shut the fuck--"