|18|

"There you go!"

Jisoo smiled as she helped Jennie settled on her bed, a pillow under her injured foot. The younger girl was having her eyes half lidded open as she paced around the room. She was checking if everything would be comfortable as the ride home was long. The pestering and worrying around by everyone, especially her friends that followed them until they arrived in Jennie's room caused a small ruckus. Jennie could really use all the rest she could get.

Jisoo turned on the lamp by the bedside table and when she stood up properly, her smile widened. The other girl was shaking and playing around with her keychain as if she was in deep thought. "The snowflakes still go up and down no matter how much you shake it, you know."

"Oh really? I thought they were supposed to be glued at the bottom." Jennie said sarcastically but nevertheless elicited a chuckle from Jisoo. "This isn't the first time I've seen a snow globe, Jaesu."

'And we're finally back to Jaesu... that's better.'

"So you've received them before or did you buy them? It's like a popular parents' gift to their children, you know. It's one of their motto before." She served the latter a glass of water. "The Archangel Works are my favourite. That's one of them that you're holding."

"Yeah, I've heard of that brand." Jennie took a sip before taking down some painkiller for her ankle. Jisoo took note that the other girl was actually sensitive to pain. "And no. They haven't given me anything like this."

"Of course." She shrugged and smiled. "They would've given you the large and expensive ones."

"I mean they've never given me anything of this sort." She shook her head, the clinking of the keychain was heard as she kept turning it around in her fingers. "Not like it matters. They do give me money and another percent of the shares on my birthdays."

"Oh." Jisoo cleared her throat because she forgot that Jennie is the daughter of the one of the richest families in the country. Recent events made her temporarily ignore the status of the girl and instead focus on who she really is underneath. "What was the most memorable birthday you've ever had?"

"We're really doing this questions thing now?"

"Oh come on... you don't seem to be falling asleep anytime soon." She took a chair and sat beside Jennie. She gently pulled the latter's hand and started massaging it.

"If you keep doing that... I'm gonna..."

They stared deep into each other's eyes as if something was about to be implied. Only to see the younger girl facing the ceiling again and closing them immediately. She pretended to snore which made Jisoo laugh.

"You don't snore."

"You watch me sleep?" Jennie cocked an eyebrow but kept the same position.

"It's pretty cute. You're pretty cute like a small puppy when you do."

"Oh my god... you watch me sleep. I have a creep in my room." She acted as if Jisoo was a total stranger and she could've won an award. "Somebody help!"

"Yah." The older girl pinched her cheek and both of them erupted in laughters after Jennie swat it away. Jisoo saw the gummy smile there again and Jennie looked at her weirdly when she outright stared at her. She cleared her throat. "So... what's the most memorable birthday?"

"Let me see... there was this time we lost one employee and... I don't know... not that sure but..." Jennie's smile became faint and Jisoo doesn't know if it's because she misses it as she reminisced. Because it looks sadder than usual. "Well they gave me Kuma for my next birthday when I started remembering again."