|44|

The hallway was quiet and Jisoo being the only one in there made her realize just how big yet again their school is. It's not like she didn't care about it but sometimes she tends to forget. She stared at the announcements posted on the bulletin board, something that was quite rare especially with flat screens doing that job around the school most of the time.

"You entering the showcase?"

The black haired girl turned at the sound of the stranger's voice, seeing a ruffled hair and an Ice Bear band aid right across his left cheek. Though he didn't look like the type of guy going around looking for a fight with his quite skinny stature. He seemed familiar to Jisoo though so she chuckled at his question.

"You?"

"Nah. I'm like the underdog here. I don't think I'll win or even have a chance to."

"Why not?"

He scratched his head a bit. "Isn't it like... it's already determined who will win them?"

"I doubt it." Jisoo replied before staring at the poster that this boy seemed to be interested in even when he tried to downplay it with his actions.

"It's gonna be Jennie and her group winning like all of it anyway. Especially when they do it like last year... they entered in different categories and though they're actually good, a lot of students here are. But, of course, even in winning competitions here basically has the same heirarchy."

Jisoo was aware that the upcoming events are mainly a showcase and galleries ranging from different forms of art. Winning would be dominating the student's voting system, one where you have to pay in order to vote, total entrance fees from the galleries then by the decisions of the judges. Thirty percent of the money gathered will be distributed to the winners and the rest will be donated to different foundations.

Jisoo found it actually helping other less fortunate people. Though it was a done lavish way but then again... Ruby International School was for rich people that these events isn't a heavy thing to their wallets or allowance at all. It was also probably the last event and task at the same time since the school year was nearing its end so she wasn't that surprised it was grand.

"Besides with the voting stuff, it's for the popular students here. You have to compete with that too." Jisoo nodded because she got his point. She didn't miss the tone that he's pertaining to particular people. "Also, it's a sure win when you're the one who thought, planned and started this whole hunger games in the school."

Jisoo tilted her head to the side. "What do you mean?"

"Aren't you supposed to be with Bobby right now?"

They both turned at the sound of Jennie's voice. Jisoo wasn't that surprised since the latter texted her earlier asking where she was. She heard the boy muttering under his breath, "Speak of the actual devil."

Jennie stopped, smiled at Jisoo before she gave him once over. "Bobby? Didn't he say--"

"I was talking to him, Jisoo, not you." She squinted her eyes and he seemed uncomfortable at the attention. It wasn't like Jennie was going to bite, Jisoo was sure of that especially with the way she currently is. "You're... what's your name again?"

"Nobody. Wait. You actually care?" He asked with a gasp and the younger girl simply raised her eyebrow while crossing her arms. The gesture made him look a bit more nervous yet Jisoo wasn't sure if she ought to tell Jennie to go easy on the poor guy or tell him that Jennie couldn't possibly hurt him with every move she does. "Go-Ing..."