|22|

The sobs slowly made their way to Jisoo's ears. It felt like she's been running and it was only then that her feet came to a stop. She saw a small girl curled up by the corner. Her feet, involuntarily as it seemed, led her towards her.

"Hey, little kiddo. What's up?" Jisoo heard herself saying.

The little girl rubbed her eyes and she just wanted to hug her tight. "D-Do I know you?"

"No, but you can tell me. And maybe let me know why you're ruining your pretty face."

Jisoo didn't exactly see the girl's face but such a cute voice and small back made her assume that. She was feeling a bit nervous in case the girl turns out to be some scary possessed child. The surroundings still irked her and she knows it to herself that she must be dreaming.

She must be dreaming.

Because as soon as Jisoo got a glimpse of the little girl, she recognized her immediately. It would be stupid of her to miss out those chubby cheeks that were more pronounce. The tearstained eyes were similar to a certain girl's cat-like ones.

"Everyone's leaving. They..." The little Jennie looked up to her with teary eyes. "Will you stay with me?"

"Sure. I will."

"Really? Will you really stay with me?"

"Jennie..."

Her face dropped and her voice cracked. "You don't mean it."

"No... I..." Her voice echoed in the place and as she tried to reach for her, the gap between them started increasing. Her eyes didn't avert their gaze even as the little girl curled up once more and hid her face. She's been cooped up in the darkness that made Jisoo wonder why else would she hide. Why else would she bury herself deeper into it when she could already be considered invisible.  "Jennie--"

~***~

There was a beat drop before Jisoo scrunched her face for the loud alarm. If it wasn't a song sung by her favorite artists she might have threw the gadget onto the other side of the room. Once she let it off for about 10 minutes, she decided it's probably a good idea to stop making TVXQ hit high notes continuously that early morning.

She rubbed her eyes and tried to take in her surroundings like the first time. There wasn't anything off but it felt like there's something unsettled. It may have been that weird dream she's been getting but whenever she thinks about it... she can't exactly remember what happened next. Well she doesn't know if that's better than that other type of dreams that leave her unsettled below her stomach. And the fact that it's all about Jennie doesn't help.

'I need more sleep.'

Even with that tempting thought, Jisoo finally stood up and prepared for another day in school. Another day of cold shoulder from Chaeyoung and meaningful eye stares from Jennie. It's like stepping and being dragged into quicksand when it comes to her best friend. Like everything she tries, only put her into a tight and deeper situation she doesn't want to find out. The brunette barely spoke to her, barely see her as she skipped school two days ago. It's been a week since that row they had in their school parking lot.

On the other hand, Jennie doesn't make it any easier on her. She's constantly in her head. If it would be anything, it's like walking on egg shells with the way Jisoo chooses her words. The latter on the other hand just acts as if she didn't pour out the truth to Jisoo. Never did Jisoo feel like she wanted to out someone because just how could Jennie be like that?