Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Pooja got herself sandwiches for the breakfast and Jatin ordered the same for himself which surprised her. He sat on the opposite chair facing her and his careful gaze was glue fixed upon her. The college canteen also had other students and staff completing their breakfast while Pooja was the one out of all, who was ill-at-ease.

Pooja wondered, "Where did I get stuck due to Monica's carelessness? I am having breakfast with Jatin Sir, and his strict gaze is only upon me. Where is Jiya?"

Jatin noticed Pooja trailing her fingers across the food plate aimlessly and he said, "Why aren't you eating anything?"

Pooja fumbled, "Sorry Sir, I am not in the habit of eating without them. But..."

"Are you going to fast for the whole day unless your friends show up?" he taunted her.

"Sir I think I should talk to Jiya once," saying so, Pooja moved aside to call Jiyasha.

Jiyasha was following Monica and reached a busy street. She lost the sight of Monica again when she got a call from Pooja. She answered, "Monica is disappearing very quickly and I am losing track of her. Have the classes commenced?"

"No but will start soon," Pooja informed her softly.

"Why are you speaking softly?" Jiyasha asked her.

"Because Jatin Sir is sitting on the chair opposite to me in the canteen."

"What are you two doing together at the canteen?"

"Nothing of the sort Jiyasha. He understood that I am hungry and is waiting for you guys. That's the reason he offered me to have breakfast with him," Pooja explained her.

"You should have your breakfast. We didn't have any today morning," Jiyasha told her.

"What about you? You are also in empty stomach and you must be tired because of the trouble you are facing for Monica."

"Don't worry, I'll have my food once I find Monica. But I don't think I'll be able to turn up to college today," Jiyasha said and disconnected the call.

"But Jiya..." Pooja detached her phone from her ears when she felt a pat on her shoulder. She turned to find Jatin behind her, "Sir..."

"So tell me what is the problem all about?" Jatin asked her worriedly.

"Nothing Sir, actually..." Pooja was fiddling with her answer.

"Don't hide anything Pooja. I heard that Monica is somewhere and Jiyasha is out, possibly searching for her."

"Monica went somewhere without informing us and Jiya has gone to find her," Pooja agreed.

"What is there to worry? Monica has always been like this," he said in a hoarse voice.

"No Sir, Monica left for the hostel early morning but she is the one who has never woken up early. We think that she must be in trouble."

Jatin patted her shoulder, "There's nothing to worry. I am sure Monica will return. She can't be in trouble because she is herself a trouble to others."

Pooja shoved his hand off her shoulder, "No Sir please, don't say this again. After all, Monica is my best friend and she has never hurt anyone or created trouble intentionally. She has caused trouble to herself every time. And this time may be you are responsible too." Unable to control herself anymore, Pooja burst out her anger.

"How am I responsible?"

"You have never left a chance to taunt Monica. You dejected her from the project and kept on deciding a punishment for her. She is always embarrassed by all," Pooja blurted everything in a single breath. She had tears in her eyes.