Chapter 48

Chapter 48

The next day was bright and refreshing for Jiyasha at the Saxena villa. The whole day was spent blissfully with the thought that she was able to punish the culprit and performed her duty. Though there might be a possibility of a third culprit, she had bestowed the responsibility on her lawyer and on the police involved in the investigation.

Amar informed her that Aryan had already left for the court. Jiyasha spoke to Pooja over phone and informed her of the new developments. 

"Jiya! You were trying to fight all alone and we didn't know anything. Aryan was really involved in all these?"

"He was and I'm more than happy to have pushed him to the court. He will be punished very soon and now I can move on in my life. I'm tired of all these fake acting."

"But Jiya, your marriage took place in real. Monica and I were the eye witness."

"That was a coincidence. God must have done it to plant me in his house and I could reach all the evidences so easily."

"You really don't love him?"

Jiyasha thought of the third chip. It shuddered her in pain. "No I don't. Even my hatred for him will be scarce," Jiyasha stuttered.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Pooja asked her to confirm again.

"Yes."

"It is unbelievable but I still believe you. Now listen, Jatin and I are trying to fix a marriage date. He wants to wait till our semester results."

"Do that whenever it's comfortable. Don't take any decision in a haste," Jiyasha advised her.

"Yes I know and Jatin is already sensible enough."

"All the best to both of you. I'll meet you on the day of our results." Jiyasha disconnected the call.

***** 

By the evening, Jiyasha met Amar again at the villa and he informed her that the court gave Aryan an another week's time to get evidences on his behalf otherwise the police would be compelled to take him under their custody. The evidences present in the court were very strong enough to hold him guilty of everything.

"So is he returning to the villa again for an another week's time?" Jiyasha asked Amar.

"No he won't. He appealed to the court that he would stay under the police custody for the next week and till the case is resolved," Amar informed her.

Jiyasha frowned, she remembered his words of promise that he would never meet her again. Most probably it was his decision to stay in the custody. She smirked and replied, "Now he'll get the taste of his own medicine. Anyways Amar, I'm leaving for my sister-in-law's house. I'll not return here again. If there is anything to inform, please inform me at Aditi's apartment or give me a call."

***** 

A week passed very quickly and even Jiyasha's lawyer had informed her about Aryan's going into the custody with his own will. Jiyasha spent her days at Aditi's apartment and had started preparing for the next and last semester of her degree. She was determined to do well this time and score outstanding marks. She wanted to retain the title of the topper of the year. Just one more semester and her dream of becoming a doctor would be fulfilled. She would earn her degree easily and take pride. She didn't want to waste more of her time joining the puzzled pieces of her heart anymore. 

Pooja called Jiyasha early in the morning and informed her that their results would be out on the next weekend. Their new semester classes had already started a couple of days ago and they would start attending after the results.