Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Jiyasha and Aryan were left alone at the roadside as their college buses drove away. Jiyasha's ankles were hurt and she was even feeling scared in the lonely place which was far away from the city.

"Now what will we do? Your condition is also very sensitive. Look at how much you have hurt yourself!" Aryan said and wrapped his arm around Jiyasha's shoulders. He helped her to sit on a block of stone beside.

Aryan knelt down before her and raised her wounded feet to land them on his thighs. He tied his handkerchief round the wound to soak the oozing blood. Jiyasha was silently staring at the new Aryan before her, the Aryan who didn't seem to be rude or arrogant at all.

"I hope you are better now." He threw open the broken heels from her feet. Jiyasha was angrily staring at him since she could not comprehend the change in Aryan Saxena.

"What happened? Oh sorry, I got it. You are angry because you're thinking that you've lost to me and you need to walk barefoot," he said with a naughty smile.

"I'm feeling better. But what should be do now?" she asked him worriedly. She was not concentrating on what he was saying.

"Why are you worried when I'm there? Don't you trust me?" he assured her.

Jiyasha reminisced all her previous encounters with him and she knew that he had always been of great help to her. She nodded gently to show her trust on him for the time being.

"I think we must walk back to the farmhouse. We can stay there for the night," Aryan suggested looking at her wound.

"Can't we go back to the hostel now?" Jiyasha asked getting extremely worried again.

"It's almost half past ten and I don't even see any car or vehicle plying on this street at the moment. And above all, this is a very remote place which is far away from the city," he said loudly.

She finally agreed to go back to the farmhouse. She straightened herself to walk on her limbs but failed tremendously. Aryan held her shoulders gently.

"You can't even stand properly, wait I'll help you." Aryan wrapped his arms around her and she rested herself against him.

He stopped for a moment to throw open his own branded shoes and socks. He added, "Now is it fine? I'll also go barefoot like you. I hope you won't have more issues."

Aryan laughed wittily again and Jiyasha widened her eyes. Aryan was getting scared of her anger but she supported him with a smile. This pleased Aryan to his heart's content.

They reached the farmhouse only to find that it had shut down and all the lights to the farmhouse were switched off. Aryan was also getting worried this time. "This is not as expected. I don't even have my car."

"That waiter told me that his duty was over and their resort closes by ten," Jiyasha informed him.

"What shall we do now?" He wondered squeezing her shoulders with his palms.

"Isn't there any other way to return?" she asked foolishly.

"Looking at your condition, I'm trying to find a way to stay somewhere over for the night. I can even see that you have got wet and there is nothing available to return home," he chided her.

"But still..." She was determined to return.

"Oh, there are ways to return. If you start running now with your hurt feet, you will either reach your hostel by morning or land up at the hospital. Better you leave now. I can spend the night sleeping on the pavement," Aryan shouted at her.