Chapter 20

Chapter 20

The game in the bus began and Kabir rotated the compass needle. It first pointed at Divya. "Now she'll question Monty and he has to speak the truth, " Monica said smiling.

Divya began with the first question of the game, "What better things will you do for us if you win in the college elections?"

"I will prohibit all sorts of ragging and cheating in exams," was Monty's reply.

"You will do it! Aren't you the one who is the main lead in both ragging and cheating in our college?" Pooja teased him.

Everyone laughed while Monty pressed his lips together in annoyance. Aryan rotated the needle again and it faced Diwakar.

It was Diwakar's turn to question Shanaya. "Who's your secret crush, Shanaya? Be true to us."

"At the moment, it's Aryan Sir," she replied while everyone else laughed except Jiyasha. Aryan saw her face and smiled to himself. He was loving her anger and attitude.

The needle was rotated again by Kabir and this time, it pointed at Monica. Monica's face ignited with rage as she had to question Samira whom she hated the most. After a careful thought, she finally asked, "Were you and Kabir ever close to each other before he met me?"

Kabir elbowed Monica and whispered, "Are you doubting me?"

"Not at all but I want to know what she thinks about you," Monica said nudging him.

"Yes we were close when we were children. We used to play together, eat together and sleep together. Forget it, you don't need to be insecure because of me. Those were the childhood days." Samira smirked.

"I don't trust you," Monica shouted at her.

"This is just a game but still I won't lie," Samira replied.

"Stop it the two of you, we are here to play and enjoy the evening," Aryan was trying to pacify them. He rotated the needle once again and it faced Pooja this time.

Pooja saw Monica's saddened face due to Samira's reply and thought to make everything better for Kabir and her. And this was her chance as she would be questioning Kabir. "Have you ever thought anything special for the one you love?"

"I've always dreamt to fetch my would-be wife Monica to an island for our honeymoon," he replied looking at Monica romantically.

Monica's eyes filled with joy and a smile appeared on her face. "Really?"

"Yes my love!" Kabir said and hugged her. Pooja sighed satisfactorily and Jiyasha observed it. Jiyasha smiled to herself too. The friends were not on talking terms but they still cared for one another.

"It seems that the special ones are still left behind. Aryan Sir and Jiyasha!" Kabir said in a humorous tone.

Kabir rotated the needle and stopped it deliberately so that it faced the remaining pairs. Consequently, it stopped pointing at Aryan.

"Now Aryan Sir will question Keya," everyone said altogether.

"Do you wish to dance with me?" Aryan offered his hand to Keya while anger was beginning to brew in Jiyasha. Aryan was noticing her face from the corner of his eyes.