Chapter 71

Chapter 71

Jiyasha met Raghav in their room after so many days and could make out the annoyance on Raghav's face easily. "I sense something is wrong with you otherwise you aren't the one who keeps silence."

Raghav stepped behind to land on the couch. "I am tired of being so silly these days."

"Tell me please. Let me see if I can do anything for you. I'll have to fulfill the promise I made to you."

"I really like your sister Kriti but I think my feelings will only be a waste. She said that she is getting married to some gambler. Am I not eligible for her?"

"Did she herself tell you that you are not eligible for her?"

"No but she said she won't be going against her brother. She will marry the one chosen by her brother."

Jiyasha laughed. "This clearly means she likes you when she shared her fears with you. I've heard that she has agreed to the marriage under immense pressure. I really didn't know that you've spoken to her about it. It can be possible that she wants you to fight for her instead of sitting in the room lamenting on it."

"Are you sure? I don't want her to land in trouble because of me." Raghav was depressed.

"Let us think of something else, Raghav. Even I don't want her to go against Ankit bro but we must strive hard to bring a change in his heart so that he understands what's right or wrong," Jiyasha assured him and left the room worriedly.

Standing outside the room, there was only one person who was eavesdropping their conversation. Avyan slapped the back of his head and thought to himself, "Raghav didn't even let me know what was ailing him for so many days. He likes Kriti and I know how deep his liking can be for any girl. I remember how his first girlfriend had passed away in an accident and since then, he couldn't give his heart to anybody. He loves to keep people around him happy and it is my duty to keep my little brother happy. As far as I have understood by Raghav's words, Kriti also likes him. I have seen how she sees Raghav during dinner or at other times. Let Jiyasha do what she can and I'll do my own way. I will get my brother's love for him at any cost."

***** 

Jiyasha arrived at Kriti's room and knocked on the door that night. Though Kriti was shocked to see her but she allowed Jiyasha in.

"Why are you here? You know it that brother doesn't like me to be with you at all," Kriti accused her.

"I know and I won't take much of your time. We don't share the same bond we used to share years ago."

"Old things are not to be remembered again."

"Have you forgotten everything from the past old days, Kriti?"

Kriti turned her face away. "Tell me quickly for what you are here and then leave quietly. I don't want brother to see you in my room and make a fuss about it."

Jiyasha continued, "I know you respect Ankit bro more than yourself because he has been your pillar since childhood. More than Kasturi maa, he is the one who has grown you up with everything you needed. But I'm afraid to tell you that this time, he has failed as a good brother. He wants to marry you off to somebody against your wish. He just wants to carry on the ritual which the family had started years ago." 

"So what can I do? Will I fight against him and be thrown out of the house? Every girl similar to my age is either married off to such men from the village or asked to leave the village when she doesn't agree. What am I supposed to do? Do I have any other option?" Kriti yelled with tears in her eyes.