The Fated Encounter

Edited by llamawhowrites, who I gratefully thank for her hard work.

-Yunlan-

"That's odd... a demon hunts humans either for the pleasure of killing or because they wanted to feed on their flesh. However, so far, the little damage done to the lobby area is too contained coming from such a vicious creature. Only a few claw marks in the reception area where the guard was attacked and a good amount of residual energy has been left behind." Da Qing said as he closely inspected the scene with those feline eyes that had seen war before. "The Ghost Slayer is a formidable fighter feared by all during the war... I would think that such a fight would have left the place devastated, yet there is nothing..."

"The Ghost Slayer has godlike powers even if he was only half-god, as confirmed by the Professor. Creating barriers should be a walk in the park for him, especially since he seems to be so fixated on protecting humans in general. He is such a caring man, I wonder just what in the world happened to him two thousand years ago. To be honest, it makes no sense to me that he would abandon those he fought so hard to protect. But more than that, I wonder why is back now..." Zhao said, passing his hand over the only mark that came from a sword, the Ghost Slayer's legendary blade capable of killing even gods. His mind began to race in search for a logical explanation.

"You know, this is not the first time he has shown up like this. Actually, we must be having quite a few records in the library of the times the Ghost Slayer had been initially rumored to be back, but disappear a while after, to come back again in irregular intervals." The cat added.

"Well that is odd, if you ask me. Say... How many times do you remember him being active after the war?" Zhao asked.

"With all honesty, I can't remember much about what happened that long ago. But I think the Order had less work when he was around, and many times the Guardians never even met him personally." The cat said, trying to recall all the times the elusive Ghost Slayer had been around. He had been by Zhao's side in all his reincarnations as it was his duty to find the soul of his master, and although his personality had varied from one another, there was something common in all of Kunlun's reincarnations, all of them were obsessed on finding the missing hero and failed every time.

"Remind me to go down to the library and ask Sang Zan to have a look at the old records. Maybe we can find some clues there." Zhao commanded the cat.

"I wonder... Do you think that Professor Shen can give us some more information on the Ghost Slayer?" Zhao asked merrily, while taking out a set of yellow talismans that he carried with him to difficult cases.

"Us? You mean you, right? This should be a brand new record for you. Just knowing him for a few hours and you are already looking for excuses to meet him again. Was it love at first sight?" Zhu Hong asked Zhao, butting into their conversation after she sent away the other professors that have no clue of what took place in their dorm.

"Sure, why not? I have a feeling that I've already known him for centuries..." Zhao said without thinking which made Da Qing stare at Zhao confused as to whatever he was joking or being serious. He doubted that he had met the Professor before in any of his previous lives, because he would have known if that were the case. However, he felt that Zhao remembered something Kunlun might have known... maybe he is a step closer to waking up again.

"You pervert, he is too much for you. There is something strange about that Professor. I think you should be more wary of him. All my senses were yelling at me to stay away from him when I was interrogating him and as you know, I'm a serpent who have a sense for these things..." She said while shuddering.