The Wolf And The Dragon

Somewhere In Mount Kunlun

-Fox Tribe-

Ming Húa was an old fox with thousands of years of cultivation under his belt, which make him the eldest among his kind. However, maybe because of that, as he had seen gods rise and fall, humans inheriting earth and demons and ghost being imprison in their own realm, he had become tired. As the centuries passed he had naturally handed his leadership of their hidden tribe to the younger generation and went to deep sleep, the same as his younger sister Ming Yue, who had sworn her loyalty to a little ghost and Kunlun until the end of time.

For thousands of years, he had enjoyed a deserved rest, but as the sudden events taking place so close to their home, with perhaps hundreds of demons lurking in the darkness of the valley and his sister temporally awakening, he had been forced to leave his peaceful slumber to face what can become a problem for their tribe. He had sent a young fox to have a look at the situation and was patiently waiting for his return.

"Lord Húa, Feng had come back from the Ghost Slayer temple." A woman announced.

"Finally, let him in." And a young boy was guided inside to meet with him. As soon as he was in his presence, the youngster kneeled before him.

"Rise, Feng. There is no need for formalities in these troubled times. Just tell me what you found out. Whose tribe is working with the demons?" Ming Hùa asked a bit impatiently. Having demons close to their mountain was quite bothersome, but having other tribes helping them was simply unacceptable. They have great respect for both Kunlun, which was the owner of the mountain in which they resided and of the now called Ghost Slayer, so in times of need, they were bound to help them. As Guardians of the heavens themselves, there was no even another choice.

"The crow tribe, my Lord. The whole valley reeks of their dark magic, even if Lady Yue got rid of most of it." The boy responded, not really sure if he should tell the elder of the romantic encounter he watched between the Ghost Slayer and Kunlun's reincarnation.

It wasn't really none of their concern, whether those two did in private, but as he was in a path of cultivation, he had not witness such a heated encounter between lovers, specially not between men, which make him temporarily lose control of his repressed energy, making the mighty Ghost Slayer aware of his presence. Luckily for him, he had manage to escape before the Slayer could fully locate him and hunt him down. His dark energy was really something to fear, so he was quite glad that his lover was more of a distraction than him.

"Is something wrong? Why are you so red in the face? Where you hurt? Are you sick?" The Lord asked him, which make him go back to reality. Was he really blushing?

"Ha, no my Lord. It's just I run as fast as I could to bring you the news." The young boy lie.

"Go and have some rest. Tomorrow morning I will go down to the temple and visit my dear sister. It had been such a long time since we talk and I need to pass some messages to the leaders of the other tribes. The time for the gathering of the tribes had finally come." The Lord said.

"Yes my Lord, I will tell sister Xiaoling to send for the leaders." The young boy said.

"Good, I need to sleep now. I'm not as energetic as before." The elder said and Feng leave to go looking for his sister.

When giving her the message of the elder, Xiaoling write down a few words in a small piece of parchment, then summon five different flames, one for each piece of paper, which was not consumed by the fox fire and send it to the sky, in the form of a blue fire bird into the darkness. The destination, the cat's tribe, snake's tribe, the flora or earth tribe, the dragon's tribe and finally, the lion's tribe, guarding half the temples all over the country.