As The Morning Comes

-Shen Wei-

It was still quite early in the morning, the sun barely beginning to rise on the horizon, when Shen Wei wake up with a wave of pain. As he open his eyes and moaned for the sudden assault in his senses, he came to be face to face with his beloved Yunlan. He smiled happily when seen his lover peaceful face resting over one of his shoulder. The pain could go to Hell for all Shen cared, because there was nothing in that world that could stop him from stare at the man he had yearned for so long.

Zhao had hug him during the remaining of the night and he was still clinging to him in the morning, as in fear he would go away or disappear. With such a lovely sight, how can he feel nothing? Ignoring the increasing pain, Shen removed some messy locks of hair from his forehead and go right ahead and kiss it. He took in his sent and warmth and engrave it deep inside his fastly throbbing heart.

He couldn’t tell for how long he would be able to enjoy such sight, nor for how long Zhao would remain his, but regardless of time, he was quite pleased to have experience at least that much. He was fine with calling him, his even if it was for a short while.

“Yunlan…” Shen whisper over his morning messy hair, and as he didn’t respond, probably still asleep, he bent down a bit more, to slightly kiss his closed eyes, then his tempting lips. Another wave of pain pierced him at the innocent act, but he bare it.

“I have love you for longer than you can imagine…” He finish and using a bit of his dark energy, he make sure that he would remain asleep for a bit more, even when he untangle himself from his tight grasp.

As he go out of Zhao’s bed and make sure to keep him warm with the covers, he found himself facing someone else eyes. The cat, who had been sleeping in his comfortable mat, was staring at him with those big emerald eyes of his.

“As you have make sure Zhao will not wake up soon, let’s have a talk, shall we?” The cat said, walking out of his mat and waiting for Shen to open the door for him. Seen no way out of the conversation, Shen give in to his wishes and open the door, following the cat to the living room. Having a sit in Zhao’s couch, he waited for the fairy cat to begin the questioning.

“Who are you?” Was the first one and Shen ponder in whatever or not he could be honest with that one. He knew about Kunlun’s cat. They have travel together for a long time, although his memories of him were probably erased when Kunlun enter the reincarnation system to become human.

“A ghost.” He honestly said, although he was sure that alone will not be enough.

“I already know that, I mean who truly are you? Just now I had the feeling I too, know you for a long time. So you must be someone from my past, the one I can barely recall at times.” The cat explained.

“Can you keep the secret, Da Qing?” Shen asked, watching the cat’s eyes grow even wider in surprise.

“So I do know you from the time I can’t clearly remember…”

“Indeed. Can I trust my secret to you then?” He asked again.

“As long as it doesn’t hurt Yunlan, I promise I will.” Da Qing respond with even more curiosity.

“I am what you call… the Ghost Slayer…” The cat wide eyes went even wider, if that was possible.

“No way, you are kidding me, right?” Da Qing asked back in shock and to show him just how much truth were in his word, he summon back his black cloak, almost freezing the room in the act.

“Hey, don’t fully transform in here or you will wake up Yunlan, your unrestrained energy is too strong.” The cat warn him and Shen retrieved his cloak once again.