A Night Under The Moon

-Shen Wei-

A laud whistle make Shen Wei go back to reality. He had been so immerse in his worry for the man he was trying to merge with, that he forgot once again they were not alone and this time they had an even bigger audience that back in the underworld when only Chu was there or the cat later on Zhao's apartment.

"Oh come on, get a room you too..." Zhu said, as the first thing she saw when waking up, was the pair of lovers in the middle of a heated kiss. Zhao laughed, as Shen Wei pretty much push him away back to the ground, reversing to being the shy Professor that blushed quite furiously.

"I... sorry that was out of line..." Shen whisper in embarrassment to the members of the small group.

"Out of line my ass, that's normal between lovers, better for them to get used to it, because it will not be the last time they see us kiss. He is my official wife now, you all witness it." Zhao announced without a hint of shame.

"Seriously, Yunlan, that isn't helping." Shen scolded, but Yunlan simply ignored him, sitting on the snowy ground and winking to his lover, which flushed even more under Zhao teasing smile.

"Come on babe, don't get angry. Life is short for a human, let's not waste it." Shen sighed. He was too relieved that Zhao had come back to him alive and well after so many hours of being missing, to be truly mad at him. He had been almost at the border of insanity and try to break the barrier with everything he got. But a god's seal was at a different level, so nothing he did against to the barrier worked.

"Hey you pervert, what just happen to us? Why is even nightfall already?" Zhu asked, realizing the rest of the team had prepare a camp, just outside the barrier protecting the pillar of nature and the only light illuminating the freezing cold mountains, was the campfire they made in the middle of the circle of tents and the shining moon up above in the sky.

At that unexpected small info,
Shen frowned in wonder. Didn't both of them disappeared at the same time and came back together? Then why the descendant of Nuwa couldn't recall of the missing hours? Just where were they? Why were they taken and what about the pillar of nature? He sensed something different about Yunlan too, now that he thought about it. His inner energy that he had come to recognize it so well had exponentially raised too.

"Calm down Shen, I will explained it all to you." Zhao whisper to him. Was he really that transparent to Zhao?

"Yeah, Chief, what happen? You
were gone for so long and the Professor was wo... " Lin was going to add, the Professor was worry sick for him, but halted midway, as he remember he was also the Ghost Slayer. Better not to anger him.

"Ah, you guys will not believe this... but let's move closer to the fire first, because I'm freezing in here." Zhao said while letting Xiao Wei help him stand. He was a little unstable after whatever thing Kunlun had done to him, but at least he still could see the members of his team as well as his beloved, before eventually embrace the coming darkness.

After they all gather around the campfire, Zhao told them about his encounter with the founder of the Order, although he didn't mention it was actually an odd encounter with himself, as most of his team didn't know he was the reincarnation of Kunlun.

"That's quite impressive Chief. Not every day you can meet a god and a mayor one at that. The god of the mountains or earth as some call him. I which I could have such an honor." Lin said. Zhao laughed amused by the irony. The man had been working under say impressive god for years and yet, he didn't show too much respect for his human side.

"Who knows, maybe you'll have your chance. There are other artifacts to be collected and a god who will protect it. You go next time." Zhao suggested, ignoring Shen's disapproving stare. He was having fun with this.