The First Hint From Hell

-Shen Wei-

A laud cough behind him make Shen Wei aware that they were not alone. Despite what he initially thought about the torture he would probably endure when fully kissing Yunlan, the reality had proven him wrong. The moment Zhao had kiss him and he had respond in return, there was no pain, no demons, no war, no suspicious circumstances he needed to take care off, there was no even someone else around, when he had been consume by pure ecstasy.

However, as Chu make himself known that he was in fact behind him, then he had been forced to face the new responsibilities and let go of his blissful momentary loss of reality. Their kiss had probably lasted less than a minute, but it was worth centuries of waiting. He broke the kiss first a bit reluctantly, but he couldn't forget he was the guardian of the underworld for long and there were urgent things he needed to find out.

"Chu... wait for me, I will take Yunlan back to his home and then I will join you here again." He begin.

"Wait, no... Shen Wei, let me stay. I can help you with whatever is going on in here..." Zhao offer, holding his arm and looking at him with a pleading face.

"No. Right now the underworld is too dangerous for you to stay for longer than you already have. News run fast in here, because this side holds more than just demons and ghosts. A single crow can carry news to those who desire to break free and that's why this place needs guardians of their own, to protect your realm from further dangers. It should be safe in your side now, I can't sense any more demons crossing the seal. Besides, you used quite a good amount of your celestial fire, if another attack arises, you will not have enough to summon it a second time." He said seriously looking at him.

"I still have my whip and a few other surprises at my disposal." Shen smiled.

"I'm sure you do, but as soon as your fire dies out, you will become blind, and before you said you have your third eye, I will still bring you back. I'm not going to take any chances with you. Chu, wait for me." And before Zhao could protest more, he found himself back in the normal darkness of the living room of his apartment, as night had already fall and no lights were on.

"Shen Wei..." He begin to protest again, but as his man put one of his soft fingers over his lips, he shut up instantly.

"I know you have many questions that I will do my best to answer, but unfortunately, I can't promise that I will be able to answer them all. There are things that I can't share with you right now, even if you are the Guardian of the human realm. However, I will try to be here by tomorrow morning, to join you in your trip. The pillar of nature must be found as soon as possible. Bare it with me for a bit more of a time, Yunlan... please..." Shen said, coming closer, touching Zhao's forehead with his own.

"You know you will owe me big time for waiting, right?" Zhao teased putting both his arms around Shen's waist, making Shen smile.

"Yes, but I'm sure you will make me pay you back ten times that amount of waiting."

"Of course, I'm a greedy man after all..."

"That you are..."

"Be careful, you are already injured..."

"Scratches, nothing to worry..."

"Still, promise me you will take care of yourself..."

"Deal..."

"Then..."

"Then..." Shen repeated, before gently kissing him, ignoring both the heat on his face and a pair of green eyes, he was sure were looking at them with amusement.