A Love So Beautiful

-Shen Wei-

“Shen Wei… Shen Wei… babe, did I keep you up for far too long?” Shen hear Zhao whisper at his side. The truth to be told, he had never sleep so peacefully or better than last night. Despite been awake for half the night, thanks to his tiger, the lack of pain and the desired company had been enough to taste the so needed oblivion that had eluded him for so many centuries.

“Hmm, Yunlan… is it morning already?” Shen Wei asked, opening his eyes to find Zhao staring at him, like usual when he wake up first.

“Not yet, but I think we will have company soon. The fire of the gods had come to life a minute ago. I think that either Rong or Zillah or both are going to show up here.” Zhao said, removing a lock of his hair from his forehead.

“Can you feel them?” Shen asked, siting over the bed, the comforter falling to his lap, revealing his bare chest.

“No, only the fire acting up on its own. Ah, Xiao Wei, you are such a lovely sight.” Zhao said and Shen sighed.

“Yunlan…”

“I just love you too much…” Zhao said, also sitting at his side to kiss him. “Shen Wei… lets promise each other to come back alive from hell. So many things can go wrong and…” Shen kissed him back this time, gently and slowly, enjoying Yunlan taste, imprinting it in his mind.

“Yes, I promise to do my best for us to return together…” Shen said seriously.

“Good. I honestly don’t want to lose you or anyone else.”

“It’s the same with me Yunlan, I have become quite found of your team and the rest of the group. You know you have been precious to me for so long, I will die before letting something happen to you. Just don’t go too far with your new powers, so I could always reach you.” Wei said, resting his forehead over his, then placing his hands on both sides of his neck, to kiss him again.

Zhao’s hair was still long, so he had decided to keep it like that until the restoration of the barrier was done, because even if Shen cut it for him, it will grow again once he use his powers. However, Shen Wei had half tied it, so it will not be on the way when fighting. He knew his handsome lover like it that way too, so he let Shen Wei play with it as he wished.

“Yunlan, we should get dressed before the gods decide it’s time to go, which could be at any moment.”

“Can you dress me up?” Shen smiled at his pervert.

“I was the one who take them off, remember?” Shen asked, blushing a little.

“Ah, yes, you even did it with your te…”

“Let’s just go out, before your tiger comes back to life. Off you go, Yunlan.” Shen said, gently pushing him over the border of their bed.

“What about your dragon?” Zhao asked, enjoying the deeper blush in Wei’s face.

“It’s fine, I have been restrained for longer than you can imagine, seriously Yunlan, get out…” Zhao  laughed, quite content with himself and his current life. Before, he always felt a void that didn’t fill no matter how hard he had tried, but now that the void was gone and replaced with such happiness, he feared it will slip at any moment through his fingers, like sand.

He got out of their bed and took a shower, hoping Shen Wei will join him, but even if they have make love to each other a few times already, his wife was still too shy. Still, as the warm water took away all his soreness from the past few days, he prayed for his happiness to be granted for life, not only because he had already lose so many chances at that happiness, with his many reincarnations, but also because Shen Wei had waited for far too long.