Some Unavoidable Truths

-Guardians-

"Damn it! This time the Chief really leave us a huge bomb to deal with. How are we supposed to go around half this library in search for clues about the Ghost Slayer? This is ridiculous... there are just too many books..." Jin complained while looking at the big piles of books that Sang kindly put in front of him, so he could check them out.

"Stop complaining and get to work. This is actually the first time the Ghost Slayer had shown up in front of us in centuries, so this is a big thing for Zhao, besides if he finds out we are slaking off when he wants something done you can be sure he will reduce our bonus and I will scratch you all over, if my premium dry fish rations gets cut in half." Da Qing said, but Lin simply laughed.

"You? Scratch me? You are too old for that... I bet you don’t even had claws." Suddenly, the cat wasted no time to prove him wrong and soon enough the monk hand was cover with red claws marks that hurt like hell.

"Ahhh... you stupid fat cat... get away from me!" Jin yelled with a pained hand.

"Serves you right..." Wang laughed first, then Sang follow her example.

"I will get you for this..." Jin added.

"Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working? Why acting so lively? Once Chief Zhao comes back, he will hear no excuse." Zhu warn them, as she enter the half brighten library.

"Didn't he go see the Professor?" Lin asked while rubbing his scratched hand.

"Yeah, I... I think so..." Sang reply, while scratching the back of his head, as he was not truly sure the Chief planned to go to Dragon City University.

"Then we can relax for a while, because the Chief must be in his own heaven, he won't be coming back anytime soon. I doubt the Professor will be able to shake him off that easily, because there is no doubt he is his type..." Lin sneered.

"Maybe, but his guests sure did show up. That guy from the underworld and the other one... who is apparently, a monk trainee or something. You should have a look at him Lin. He almost had a halo over his head, so unlike you..." Zhu said mockingly.

"Hey! I may not be perfect, but I'm quite capable when doing my job, which is what really matters. Is not like any of you have much virtue to begin with." Lin defend himself.

"Well, getting to the point, the one called Chu wants to talk with the Chief, but I think the Chief turned off his mobile, because I can't reach him." Zhu explained.

"Of course, he should not want any kind of interruption..." Lin keep up.

"Then you go and bring him back before our office turns into a pile of ashes. He doesn't look like the patient kind of man." Zhu added.

"And you will be damn right. Just tell me where to find him and I will go looking for him myself. I hate to wait." Chu Shuzhi said from the open door of the library. The seal protecting it was keeping him for coming inside the library, so he stood outside, unable to step in. To the Guardians team, the cold coming from him make them shudder more than the bad ass attitude, because they already were working under one, for years.

"You sure are an impatient one." Zhu said first.

"Oh, please forgive him... that... that was rude Old Chu." Guo said coming from behind Chu and making a slight bow, apologizing in his stead.

"He is blinding white...." Da Qing said, looking away from Guo Changcheng, while Lin jaw almost reached the floor when looking at the monk trainee. Obviously Zhu was completely right about the guy been outstanding, because he could see the new guy aura and it was indeed, blinding.