A Message From Hell

-Lin Jing-

"So you are the ones that will replace the wards? Is it safe now?" The village leader asked them. "I mean, the other guy told us that you have an earlier encounter with the mountain ghosts. The sky darkened so suddenly and then there was some thunders and strong wind. I was told that the village will be more peaceful now and that the bad ghosts were take care off. Is it true? The Chief Guardian was in a hurry, you see, because there was someone injure, I think and..." Lin wasn't the patient kind so he decided to interrupt the village leader speech before nightfall could fully set in.

"Yes, we found some troubles on our way here, but as you were told, the problem have been solved for the most part and yes, we will be replacing the old wards with stronger ones, just in case something else show up. So please excuse us, the wards must be replaced before nightfall and we have less than an hour until then." Lin pressed.

"Oh, of course, go right ahead. You will be staying in the village best Inn and I'll make sure they serve you a feast tonight to show our deepest thanks." At that, Lin's eyes almost shined with stars. He was already looking forward to a feast, he was truly starving.

"Thank you, that's quite kind of you. I assure you we will work hard on the wards. Please excuse us." Zhu intervened, as Lin was pretty much drooling, probably thinking in all kinds of culinary delights.

"Yes, yes... I just hope that your teammate recovers well. The Chief said medical treatment wasn't necessary." The village leader said and both Zhu and Lin almost roller their eyes. He was just looking for something to gossip with the other villagers. If only they knew...

"He will be alright in no time, he quite strong, just a bit exhausted after performing a... cleansing. You know, Guardians stuff." Zhu added, smiling, then bowing a bit and ran away, closely followed by her companions.

"Geez, I thought he would never let us go." Lin said.

"Yeah, now do your part. We need to do this as soon as possible or Chief Zhao will have our heads served in silver platters. He already is way over his head with worry." Zhu said.

"Honestly... to think that the Professor was actually the Ghost Slayer. He showed such power, then, fainted." Lin said while walking to the center of the place.

"That was my fault. I was so scare. They were pointing at us and I just couldn't take it anymore. I owe both of them a big apology." Wang said.

"Me too." Sang added.

"You guys have it hard. The Hanga tribe killed everything they didn't like or got out of their hands. The rebellion of the slaves just make their downfall bloodier." Lin sadly said.

"I... was the one who initiate that... and it end up killing us both." Sang apologize.

"You would have end up killed sooner or later, but that's all in the past now. Your home is going to be at peace once again and hopefully for a long time. Now, let's do this." Lin begin his chanting, taking out Zhao's special talismans and allowing Zhu to place a cold hand over one of his shoulders, so she will be able to transfer him some of her energy for the big task. As his incantation progressed, the old wards detached themselves from all buildings and homes and the new ones replaced them, sealing the whole village with multiple layers of protection.

"Wang? Does it feel right, stronger?" The ghost girl closed her eyes to inspect his work and accented.

"Yes, it's well done. It's a bit less strong that the Chief placed in the Professor's dorm, but it's still quite solid." She assure him. As a ghost herself, she was able to sense the strength of the barrier, pretty much as any other ghost.