Deep Within The Mountains

-Yunlan-

The next morning Zhao found himself in Shen Wei's arms. The twin bed barely have enough space for one, let alone for two grown men, so he was pretty much crushed against the wall from one side and Shen from the other. It was rare for Wei to sleep in, last time he had found his bed empty when waking up, then he remember his conversation with his Ghost Slayer and understood why he had stay with him during the whole night.

"Shen Wei, are you awake?" Zhao asked, turning in the bed to face him, and his movement make Shen open his eyes. He looked gorgeous and even more so, when free of spectacles that were in the way to fully appreciate those long eyelashes.

"I am now. Good morning..." Zhao didn't waste time to give him a feathery kiss and Shen Wei smiled.

"You certainly don't waste time in kissing me at any opportunity." Shen said with a sigh. This time there was a little pain involved.

"Haven't you wait long enough for me? Oh damn, the pain... are you..."

"I'm fine, sometimes I manage to block it." Shen looked back to see the time. It was 8:12 in the morning, so he removed the covers and go out. "Go take a shower, the others will be knocking at the door at any time."

"Care to join me?" Zhao pervertedly said and Shen grabbed a pillow from the other twin bed and throw it to him.

"No, that would kill me for sure, because I would not be able to resist such temptation. Go now, I will prepare the necessary things for the trip." Shen said, occupying himself with the task. Soon after, Lin Jing came, knocking at the door and telling him that breakfast was served.

"Thank you. I will drag him there as soon as possible." Shen said to the monk, who wish him good luck, but after refreshing himself, Zhao resumed his Guardian role. He needed to control himself in order to help Shen Wei with the pain. After a few more minutes, both Yunlan and Shen Wei walked in the dining room and meet with the rest of the team. Zhao sat right beside his beloved and begin devouring his breakfast as usual.

"Any more clues of where to look for the artifact first?" Zhao casually asked between mouthful and Lin took out a map, putting it in the middle of the round table.

"The locals said that an old legend passed on by generations, tells that deep within the mountains at the north side of the village, there is a place considerate holy. They said that no ghost or demon dare to go near it and that was capable to bring down the village if tainted. There are some rumors that it can even cause earthquakes. A few years ago there was a big one, it was in the news and all."

"Where exactly?" Shen Wei asked with interest and Lin pointed at a spot in the map.

"Hum, I not really sure, but it must be somewhere around here." Lin said and then Shen Wei closed his eyes and concentrate near the marked area. Unfortunaly for him, the woman from last night, who casually passed near their table carrying a juice jar, notice he had his eyes closed and thought he was feeling unwell.

"Oh, Sir, are you in pain, do you need some help?" She hurriedly asked him, cutting out his concentration and making Zhao annoyed in the spot.

"No, thank you. It's only a mild headache, there is no need to worry." Shen kindly smiled at the young woman who blushed instantly.

"Oh, well... if you need anything, just look for me, okay?" Zhao coughed, Lin froze, Guo who was taking notes flushed and Zhu was holding a laugh.

"No need, thank you." Shen politely decline, beginning to feel Zhao's own energy rise.

"Okay, then..." She said, a bit reluctantly, then left.

"That's it! I will lock you up inside a very strong barrier and never let you out." He said making Zhu burst in laugher, then Lin couldn't help himself and finally, Guo smiled.