Choices And Arrivals

-Shen Wei-

“Lady Yue…” Shen Wei try to gently pull away from her tight hug, as she came to him as soon as she saw him enter in the room. Looking at Da Qing’s mess up fur, he was sure, the poor cat was the one she was hugging until he showed up. Actually, Lin was holding him, so he could not run away.

“My little one, who is it the one causing you pain? Is it this Kunlun’s reincarnation? I can punish him for you if he had returned to the world wrongly.” The fox lady said, still hugging him, but giving Zhao a nasty look.

“You know I had been cursed, the pain is always there.” Shen try to distract her from Zhao.

“Ah the curse… it was such a sad story between brothers.” She said, finally letting him go.

“Yes, Ye Zun was quite surprise I took the stab for Kunlun. He didn’t wanted to kill me.” Shen sadly said.

“Which remain me, Kunlun…”

“I’m Zhao Yunlan, my lady.” Zhao prepare himself for the worst.

“My brother is coming, soon. Show him you deepest respect.” She said and Zhao looked at Zhen a bit lost. He had no idea who was her brother.

“Lord, Húa is the former leader of the fox tribe. They guard more than the sacred mountain. The key to the heavens is Mount Kunlun, for which two of the strongest tribes are set to watch over it. The fox, which had achieve the highest level of cultivation among the fairies are the ones in charge now, but if they were to fail, the dragon tribe, which have less numbers, but more raw power are to act on their place.”

“That’s right my little ghost. Last night, the demons dare to come too close to Mount Kunlun, so my brother should have call for the gathering of the tribes. Long ago, not only the demons and humans were at war, before Nuwa created the humans, the fairies dominated the world and they did war with each other for many years. Your former self intervened many times and at the end they agree to honor a pact. Kunlun gave each tribe a mountain they would call their own and as long as they don’t turn against each other they would prosper and find peace. However, if the gods were to need their assistance, they would gather and fight as one.” The fox lady said.

“So, they will unite now?” Lin dare to ask.

“Probably. One of the tribes had already break the pact, be in league with the gods enemies and came too close to their sacred mountain. If that doesn’t call for a gathering, then what will?” She asked, looking at Lin with a golden penetrating gaze.

“I will call my Uncle Four and see what I can get from him. He was expecting us to go to Nuwa’s temple and…”

“Don’t bother, little Nuwa, he will come here. This is bigger than Guardians or ghosts.” The fox stop her.

“Lady Yue, we need to find the Holy artifacts to re-seal both Hell and the underworld. We were told Nuwa’s hidden temple holds another one.” Shen said.

“After Pangu separated the yin and yang to create both heaven (yang) and earth (yin), he left behind many artifacts that could be used for both good and evil. Nuwa used those to mend the world when it was broken and later to seal those who seek destruction, so yes, gathering them again will help restore the world once again, but nothing is as easy. I’m afraid that your path will not be an easy one and at the end, not all of you may come back alive.” The lady said, freezing them all in the spot.

“In a war, there is always the possibility to lose something or someone. I knew from the start that even fighting angry ghosts to keep the civilians safe was dangerous. This is nothing different, we all have choices, so I will give you, my Guardians a decision to make. Either you walk away and stay safe, or help restoring the world. What do you said?” Zhao asked, deeply looking at them one by one.