Restoring The Balance

-Shen Wei-

It goes without saying that Shen Wei was worried sick about his Yunlan, not only because a god had decided to take him away to a place no human should be allowed, but because the god who dared to steal him right under his nose was none other than Lord Zhu Rong. Back in the past those two had get along until the fire god had put his eyes on him. Everyone knew that after that, Kunlun and the fire god had a bit of a personal feud, although it wasn't to the point to fight to dead. The reason was simply, Lord Rong was younger than Kunlun and as a fire god he was prone to do mischief and even if Kunlun was quite tolerant, there was something no one messed with and that someone was him, his little ghost.

Zhu Rong once told Kunlun that he liked his handsome ghost and that he wanted to have it. Kunlun's rage, which wasn't often shown had been great and he had warned Rong to never mess up with him or the heavens will witness another war between gods and just to show the fire god he was serious, he made an oath in their sacred language that was unbreakable. Lord Rong had stopped bothering him after that, as Lord Kunlun was a mayor god, deeply respected among their kind, including the Jade Emperor.

Now, however, things were different between them, since Rong was still a god, but Zhao was only a human. Just for what reason the fire god needed Yunlan was beyond his reasoning, but he planned to find it out soon enough. Last time, he couldn't do anything to reach Zhao when in his own temple, but as Lord Rong had taken Yunlan to the celestial realm, as a Ghost Slayer, guardian of the underworld, he could invoke audience with a certain god and it could not be deny it. The gathering of the tribes had been suspended until Zhao was back, which only gave him a legitimate reason to go to the celestial realm.

Shen Wei, who stood in front of the fire that linked the temple with the celestial realm, took on another appearance, a more formal one than his Ghost Slayer, with his long hair half tied and rich black and gold robes, he used to wear when with Kunlun. The jade token which allowed him to seek audience, hanged from his waist, giving him the look of a refined Lord.

"Are you going to use the token?" Da Qing asked, looking at the exquisite Hetian Yu carved dragon phoenix jade.

"Yes, you more than anyone else should know that the fire god is not exactly best friend with Kunlun, less so now. With Yunlan being a human and missing his true fire, he must be having a hard time just by being surrounded by cosmic energy, as the gods energy comes from stars and constellations. Right now he is defenseless to act, if Lord Rong dares to try something against him."

"Lord Rong may had been mischievous before, but he is no fool. He should know better than to mess up with the Chief Guardian."

"Dear friend, I will not take any chances. He means everything to me. You can understand that right?" Shen Wei asked, seeing that the cat did agree with him.

"Fine, but take me with you. The heavens knows you both are headstrong when the other is in troubles. I know Zhu Rong better than you." Da Qing offer.

"Are you sure? This may not end well." Wei warned him.

"Zhao is still my master, no he is family to me, so I don't mind causing some troubles for his sake." Shen smiled.

"Well said, then let's not make Zhao wait for longer." Shen Wei threw the token inside the fire and speak a few words in the god's language. The fire, who was still the color of the fire god, changed back to white and a big arched door emerged from the fire. Shen Wei sighed resigned to whatever fate awaited them and cross the portal to the heavens, his destination, the fire god temple.

-Yunlan-

Once again Yunlan found himself in another majestic temple, but the experience was quite different from his time in his own or Shen Wei's. In this new one, he was even having a hard time to breathe. His previous dizziness was now almost overwhelming and he was even having troubles to remain standing, but even if he had to stay straight by his will alone, he was not going to bow down to the god in front of him. He couldn't put his finger on it, but he had a feeling he didn't exactly got along too well with him.