The Calm Before The Storm

-Shen Wei-

After making sure that Zhao was sound asleep, Shen Wei gently detangle himself from his lover hold and go out of their room. Apparently, both the training during the day and the fight with the demons during the night had end up worn out the Chief’s energy, despite himself. At the end, after a few drinks with rice wine to celebrate surviving a small war, Zhao had fall asleep over the table, for which he had carry him to his room and stay with for a few hours.

However, unlike his lover, he couldn’t find the needed rest as easily because just like Da Qing, the involvement of the crow tribe with the underworld was bothering Shen Wei to no end,  that night. So he leave Zhao to his peaceful dream and head out to have a walk through the temple until reaching the tower. He wanted to have a view of the valley and try to sense if more crows were somewhere near, still lurking in the darkness.

He closed his eyes and released bit of his energy, sensing everything all around for miles, but find nothing out of ordinary. Ming Yue had clear the valley entirely, leaving not even a hint of residual energy from the demons that were consume by her fury. Then he wonder just how come the tribe had decided to lend a hand to demons or even desired GongGong’s resurrection, when he obviously wanted the destruction of the world.

There was also the unknown situation at Hell. Who was the one behind the crossing of demons? He honestly believed Ye Zun was not directly involved, at least not this time, but that only make him even more clueless of who else could be the one pulling the strings. Hell had always held the most vicious and wicked, but he had always believed that Ye Zun as their king, was actually the strongest. Now, he wasn’t so sure about whatever he was the king or not.

He needed to find out soon, probably right after they find the artifacts and also go down even deeper in hope to destroy GongGong, as Ming Yue had suggested. However, thinking on destroying his own creator was kind of hard for him to imagine. He wasn’t exactly too found of him, but he did gave him life, for which he was thankful, if nothing else.

“Babe, why looking so worry?” Zhao said from behind him, coming closer to hug him. Shen had sense him coming, not minding his company. Actually, having him close helped him to easy his mind. He relaxed in Zhao’s arms and lean on his body, enjoying Yunlan’s warmth against his colder back and cover his hands which held his waist, with his own.

“It’s nothing, why did you leave the room? It’s colder outside and you were quite tired…” Shen whisper, closing his eyes.

“I needed to pee and find you gone, so obviously I go out looking for you. I worry you may return to the underworld on your own. The fat cat was nagging you a lot about the involvement of the crow tribe, so I kind of panic…” Zhao said on his ear, making him faintly shudder.

“I wouldn’t leave you without telling you first, so you will not worry…” Shen said.

“Ah, but going back on your own, even if telling me will not keep me from worrying.” Zhao whisper holding him even thighlier.

“Yunlan…” Shen whisper back moving his head just a bit, which only make Zhao go right ahead and kiss his tinted cheek.

“I know you are the mighty Ghost Slayer, feared by most ghost in the underworld, but even if you are literarily a half god, that doesn’t make you immortal. Kunlun warned me, back in his temple that I should never let you go to Hell on your own. Why do you think he awoke my powers? Just to make sure you will never fight alone, nor be overwhelmed by doing everything on your own.”

“So that was the reason you accepted to become blind?” Shen asked curiously.

“Of course. I honestly don’t know what I will do without you by my side. Everything that keeps you safe it worthy of trying. So please, let me and the rest of my team help with this. Tomorrow we can travel to Nuwa’s tribe and talk with Zhu Hong’s Uncle. The tribes had their own rules and whatever the crow fairies are doing against humanity is also their concern.” Zhao kissed his neck, which please him greatly.